• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*** official fl ceg decemebr meet ***

I'm just not going to spoon with anyone. I have a couple of blow up beds to make sure that doesn't happen. I get a whole bunch of disabled veterans type dicounts. So if we don't get anything until last minute, we can still get us a good rate.

I was thinking hand guns. Since the last time you were over, the only new one is my Taurus .22 revolver. It's a pretty decent 22. It almost shoots accuratly. I was able to do about 10 inch groups at 15 yards. I need to find ammo that doesn't start to tumble after about ten yards. Then I could make that group less than half that size.

Motels with low-ish rates / coupons

Motels with low-ish rates / coupons

I've stayed at the Days Inn Kissimmee-Orlando- Hwy 192
4104 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy
Hwy-192 & Hoagland Blvd
Kissimmee, FL 34741 US
407-846-4714

It was pretty good - our room was clean, shower worked fine, beds OK, but the towels & washcloths were paper-thin. Their webpage has Dec 12, 2 Queen beds or 1 King for $33.26 ($4 more for a "microfridge").

The Celebration Suites motel is right at Fun Spot, but I've never stayed there, so I don't know how it is. Their web brochure says "New Management" & "Renovating", so someone should go look at it if we want to try for it.

Its RoomSaver web page
Its Roomsaver $42.95 for a SUITE (3 double beds) page They say:
FALL SAVINGS - from 8/16/09 to 12/20/09
Enjoy our spacious family suites and amenities from only $42.95 a night. Subject to availability so call today and reserve.

You see guy? Marge doesn't seem scared of the budget rooms.

On another note; I'm going to be showing up a little late on Saturday. There's a veterans thing going on in Dade city that I think I'm going to attend. Where's dinner going to be at? I should be there by then.

Nothing wrong at all with budget. In Orlando there are good areas and bad and it can change quickly. I just want to stay in a decent area.

Both of the motels I mentioned are on Hwy 192 - tourist trap lane, but not otherwise bad areas. Although I don't think I'd go down the side streets to the back of the Days Inn...

Anyone near enough to Kissimmee to check out the Celebration Suites?

P.S. Peggy says she's not scared of budget motels, either :D.

Updated list:
1. Goumba
2. KerryKool
3. FauxhawkFox
4. Gulfcat & daughter

I talked to Celebration Suites (Wendall) this evening - Updated rooms (repainted, new mattresses) are $5 above the $42.95, but tomorrow (Nov 24) 3pm - 11pm he will give us updated rooms for $42.95 plus tax. That's 3 double beds for under $50, which seems like a good deal to me, unless someone knows this place is bad.

Any one person or couple want the living room bed in my suite for 1/3 of the cost?

I was still planning on being there too so long as there are people going. It just seemed awfully dead for a meet that isn't that far off.

I was planning on skipping the ghost hill trip though.

Back