• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official 2009 CEG Calendar Picture Submission Thread

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
If you are interested in being in the 2009 CEG calendar, here are the requirements:

PLEASE READ!

1. Must be a current CEG member.
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are on CEG or own the car.

2. High Resolution Very Important!
We would like a resolution of 2300 X 1800 for the pictures. This is approximately equivalent to a 5 Megapixel camera.
I cannot stress this enough. A fantastic photo will not make it if the resolution requirements are not met. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!! The reason I say we would like 5 megapixel resolution is because that meets the printing requirements exactly. 4 megapixel images may be able to be stretched and examined to see if they are still of quality to print, but if you want a serious shot at making the calendar, get or borrow a 5+ megapixel camera! I'll say it again, The higher the resolution the better!

3. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality and make more work for us to sort through the pictures.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, and multiple Contiques are big pluses.

4. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Contiques with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.
See # 6 below.

5. No repeat pictures
Pictures from 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

6. Photoshop
No digitally modified pictures will be accepted for the calendar. (lowered, additional parts digitally added, etc.) However this year we are allowing HDR (High Dynamic Range) images. In addition to this, we also will allow minor touch up to cars. This includes digital removal of small dents/scratches that would otherwise eliminate a good picture. Adding color or digitally fixing unpainted/unfinished parts is not allowed.

7. Submission
Submit smaller (640 x 480 or 800 x 600) pictures in this thread. The judges will narrow it down to a group of about 14 pictures suitable for the calendar. At that time, the full resolution pictures will be requested from you. We choose 14 because sometimes people don't get the pictures to us in time or there may be an issue with sizing the picture for the calendar.

To avoid being one of the ones that misses the PM about the final 14, make sure you check your PM's regularly. In addition, if you don't visit the site very often, add an e-mail address to your CEG profile and we will contact you through e-mail too asking for the full resolution pictures.

8. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer. Just like past years, the final 12 will not be revealed until the calendar is complete - even those who made the calendar will not know.

9. Must be a Contour, Mystique or Mondeo

10. Must be a Landscape (Horizontal) orientation picture
This is a horizontal
orientation calendar so needless to say that portrait (vertical) orientation pictures won't be able to be used.

11. No Date/Time stamps!
Just don't even submit them if there is a date stamp visible in the picture. Yes, they can be taken off with photoshop in most pictures but it is the SUBMITTER's responsibility to do so. And remember if there is a visual editing artifact we will have to reject it.

=Other info=

Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
The process for selecting what pictures will be in the calendar will be at the discretion of a small panel of CEGers from throughout the country.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. We'll continue that for 2009.

Judges
Judges will be determined and contacted at a later date. Do not contact me asking if you can be a judge.

Deadline to submit pics
November 16, 2008
It's a short deadline this year due to my schedule at the moment, but with the reminder thread we should still get good shots this year

Calendar release date
By having the deadline be November 16th, we should be able to get the calendar ready to be ordered by the end of November or very early December.

Please see these links to previous CEG calendars for examples of what calendar quality pictures should be. (Note: links to old forum)

Have fun and good luck!

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Yes, because sometimes these get cluttered or turn into whore threads for pictures that are worthless. If you are wondering if you think it's worthy post it in the other calendar thread, and there you can get opinions.

And in keeping the thread clean, let's try not to post unless it is criticism that is positive to help the poster's chance to get into the calendar.

101_0715.jpg

101_0712.jpg

101_0716.jpg

All I've got. I'll try ot take better ones, but I was told these have a shot:shrug:

Rouar, that's one of my favorite pics ever taken of T-Red anything:drool: I remember it vividly...

Back