• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"obsessed?" my parts list as of 9/2

theSCHAFF

Hard-core CEG'er
This list will grow, as sure as the sun will rise... I just figured i'd show you guys the list of things i've ordered for the new car (which i pick up Tuesday :laugh:) For those who don't know it's a 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, 2.3T, Automatic, Black/Grey leather, 17x8" BBS RK II's, etc. etc... anyhow on with the list, as of up to this minute.

Intake (adapter & filter)
SMBC (Series Manual Boost Controller)
smoked side markers (fenders)
Clear Corners (GenuineSaab.com)
(Blue)High Performance 3' Silicon Hose and 3' Vaccum Line (ElkParts.com)
Euroworks Tinted Film (2) 6x12" sheets
Euroworks Yellow Film (2) 5x7" sheets
H7 10,000K HID Bulbs (2) for HID balasts/harnesses from SVT
Phillips "Chrome" bulbs (illuminate amber)
VHT -Spray on tint (same as "Night Shades"
Turbo badges (2) Aluminum with 3m adhesive tape
"American Pride" vinyl sticker (4" x 6.5")
2 Vinyl stickers of a Turbo charger (3" x 3.5")
24x84" of carbon fiber vinyl sticker

Turbo badge will most likely find it's way to the rear hatch somewhere, the "american pride" sticker will most likely go in the bottom or top center of the hatch glass, and the stick of the Turbo will probably go on the engine cover, may just use it as a stencil if i paint the cover. Finally the carbon fiber, it's really high quality, it doesn't look like that cheap checkered pattern crap c/f you see, it looks real, so if things go right, i will be attempting to cover the "wood" trim around the dash and gear selector. The chrome grill will be getting sanded down and painted black, the resanator will be deleted, windows will be tinted, and im going to shop around and get some quotes on painting the rims (centers and/or the lip) i'll post a couple pics of some pshops you tell me what you think...

Car as it sits now:
l_698b3ad5aa6acfaf6ca40fa12c378138.jpg

Photoshop of what it will look like / painted rim centers:
l_14d294a39bcf96d0d6ea26e9278b59c4.jpg

What the wheels would look like painted ALL black:
l_9f059430af60e311c480849dfc924106.jpg

another view (not a 9-5, just to show you black rims)
l_4c257f043182c3167d50fc2b156182d7.jpg

Thanks for reading! feel free to ask any questions or leave comments... and tell me what you think i should do with the rims
dude.gif

:idea: 16 views, 0 replys? Nobody has an oppinion on the wheels? I'm still up in the air if i want to paint'em completely black, or paint the centers gunmetal or black, or just leave them silver :shrug:

The completely black looks super-sexy from those pictures, but i'm just worried, that if i ever grow tired of black, they're a really expensive wheel and kinda rare to mess with.... i don't know we'll see.... Another thing that I think is funny, is my grandma will drive the car on occasion, so i can only imagine what people will think seeing a 66 yr old woman, driving a modified turbo aero saab wagon :laugh: *vrrrrrrrmmm psssssht* lowered with possibly black BBS's boost gauge (eventually) exhaust, etc... Picture that! it's too funny... probably react the same way i do when i saw an old lady driving a bagged Dakota R/T with loud ass exhaust and 20's... HAD to of borrowed it from her grandson or something! i think it'll be awsome... she just better not curb a wheel or crunch the bumper pulling up too close to a curb! :eek:

:laugh: Yeah that's a pretty convincing picture in the argument to paint or not to paint... i've always wanted to paint the rims on one side of the car, and leave the other side not painted, almost like having 2 different sets of rims. you get two different looks depending on what side people see! what do ya' think bout that ? I know TechArt does it on some of their tuner/demo cars, looks dope IMO

Don't paint 'em. I think black is a fad (that's my opinion), and even though it looks good, 2 years from now you'll be sad that they're black.

Also - "american pride" on a Norwegian car?

I love the black rim look. They look fine the way they are. (IMO) I'm thinking about black rims for my T-Red Contour.

I love the black rim look. They look fine the way they are. (IMO) I'm thinking about black rims for my T-Red Contour.

What kinda' rims you running ? Black IMO looks pretty damn good on T-red... depending if i do it or not, im debating between just the centers, or the whole rim... and either gloss black, or matte black (no flatt)

Back