• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Funny sign...

TheMexicanJob

Banned?
Does anybody else find it entertaining that it is sooooo stressed that the edges are sharp, but the bridge being out is fine print. And before anyone says it, NO this is not photo shopped.

197031007RL504939914.jpg

That's an awesome sign, funniest one I've seen is on the PA Turnpike, a big orange sign that says "Warning: Controlled Burning Ahead".

NO this is not photo shopped.

***** please. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Look at where it says "Also the bridge is out." It's a lighter yellow by the end of the sentence than the rest of that region of it.

-Edit-
I changed the levels of it in photoshop to bring out the shopped areas. It looks like there was wording under that bottom center

48g7wy9.jpg

Last edited:
I laughed at a 5 1/2 mph speed limit sign in an Allegeny camp ground last summer. They actually enforced it, too. :help:

Nope.. its not.. It IS hard, however, to believe that you actually think that is a real sign.

:D :D :D :D

Why is the 9% grade sign funny? Thats to warn truckers that there is a steep grade and they need to slow the hell down. I live on a road that has 8 percent grade, and about 10 years ago a stuck moron rolled a large dump truck onto its side because the guy didn't slow down for the grade and turns...

Edit: The orignal sign was pretty funny though. Kinda forgot to mention that! I wonder who cut themself?

Last edited:
Why is the 9% grade sign funny? Thats to warn truckers that there is a steep grade and they need to slow the hell down. I live on a road that has 8 percent grade, and about 10 years ago a stuck moron rolled a large dump truck onto its side because the guy didn't slow down for the grade and turns...
Those signs are on the Dragon, where trucks should NOT be running.

Saw a sign in northern arkansas that read "Smoke Ahead" someone had started a fire or something in the woods up there. The sad thing is, the smoke had spread so much by the time we got there that we had been driving in the smoke for about 10 minutes before we came up to the sign.

Back