• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nos fax! Finally a look no further resource!

Trapps

Track Marshal
Nos fax!

I thought with all of the questions about NAWS that there should be one post clearly labeled to answer most of the basic questions.

I have a Contour/Mystque, can I run NOS? Yes you can. All contours, regardless of age, respond well to a the gas. Mystiques typically respond better to a slightly smaller shot, approximately 13.65%.
How Much NAHWZ is safe for my car? If you have more than 100K miles, I would advise starting with a 100HP Shot. For every additional 10K miles on your car, add 5HP.
Do I need different plugs? Yes. Both oil pan and transmission drain plugs should be changed for vented models. You can buy them at Murray’s/Pep Boys/Checker or make your own with 3 popsicle sticks, some 5 minute epoxy and a 3/16 drill. Remove the original plug, insert the 3 sticks, break them off at the base. Now apply the epoxy with a 2 to 1 ration of hardener to resin. You want it hard to withstand the heat. Once it’s set, about 5 minutes, drill a hole through the bottom half to vent. This will help keep things cool inside allowing you to run longer and larger shots.
Where should I mount the bottle? The best place is right behind the driver’s seat. It will be concealed yet reachable to open(or close) while driving. Fancy mounts are nice, but all you really need is a 2x4 about 18” long and some black (the really sticky kind) duck tape. Make sure you get duck tape and not duct tape.
Do I need a high end kit or can I just buy a bottle off of eBay? Complete kits aren’t really worth the money. If you’re at all competent with simple hand tools you can get up and running for a modest (<$100) investment. Blue bottles are nice, but it doesn’t have to be blue. People report some success with Black, White and even yellow bottles. However, the yellow ones really should only be reserved for the experienced Nitrate user.
Where do I connect the hose/nozzle? If your set up has a nozzle, cut it off. 90% of NOSSS failures are due to improperly adjusted nozzles. Instead, drill a 1/2 “ hole in the upper intake manifold; anywhere is ok, just avoid the center part. Ideally, you drill into a rib making an opening into two intake tracts. This gets more Nitrus into the engine faster for more immediate response. Not only will you be quicker off the line, but it’s safer too. If you need to back off, you stop gas to the engine faster. Just remember the bottle behind your seat; reach back and close the valve within 30 seconds of hearing any strange noises.
What are the risks? If you follow this advice, there aren’t any real risks. Besides the only real danger (the other 10% of accidents not related the the nozzle) are caused by the nut connecting the steering wheel to the seat. Just remember to park in the shade and keep a towel over the bottle. You don’t want anyone to steal it and you want to keep it warm all the time. I know one guy who put battery operated socks over the bottle valve to heat the gas as it exited the bottle. You can aid preventing parasitic heat loss the by plumbing your feed line through you HVAC ducts and running the heat on high whenever you spray.
Where can I get more information? This site has lots of info, but it's really hard to find. Just post your questions here; many people will help you!

Happy Spraying!:cool:

Dont forget to add Nawz stickers too, it makes the mustang and camaro punks realize what kind of power your putting down.

Here is some more stuff to add:

Do i need a Blowdown tube?
Nah, nawz is fine for you, what do you think they give you at the dentist, if the bottle ruins (usually caused by to much AC vented on it or to small of a shot) then the gas just goes in the cabin, you'll probably start laughing and crap. Just roll down the windows and go for a cruise.

What will i run with my 150 shot?
With that shot of NOZ, you should be running in the low 12's. Ideally you want to launch at 6000rpms so that your already at max power. Also remember to do a big smoky burnout, then your going to get the most sticky tires you can.

My friends say nitiris is unsafe, is that true?
No way, they are probably saying that because they want you to be slower.

Do i need a bottle warmer or a purge valve?
Bottle warmers are stupid, all they do is heat up the nos, anyone who knows anything knows that nos is always cold. Thats why it makes your car faster...

Purge valves are a must, they let everyone know what they are messing with, my sistem had 3 purge valves, i had one dumping in the exhaust, it made some sweet flames.

Yes, we should also note that each and EVERY sentence in the above tips has more sarcasm than most of Todras' posts.

<the end all be all>

75-125 shot with a normal Duratec. 100+ shot can hurt the engine.
60-90 shot with an SVT. Above 75 shot will likely hurt the engine.
Returnless cars are stammered by injectors. Stocks (17's) are 220ish HP. SVT's (19's) are 245ish HP.
ATX's are FUBAR'd no matter what!!!

Make sure to use an O2 shut off switch.

<the end all be all>

75-125 shot with a normal Duratec. 100+ shot can hurt the engine.
60-90 shot with an SVT. Above 75 shot will likely hurt the engine.
Returnless cars are stammered by injectors. Stocks (17's) are 220ish HP. SVT's (19's) are 245ish HP.
ATX's are FUBAR'd no matter what!!!

Make sure to use an O2 shut off switch.

....Kill thread....

Help

Help

Can someone send me some Facts on NOS? <extremely new to nos, not even had the chance to look as a real bottle!> If im interested in It will be my first time and I would like straight up facts from experienced users of it. PM PLEASE!!!

It will be my first time and I would like straight up facts from experienced users of it.

Watch fast and the furious. For more advice ask your local quick lube oil change tech. Make sure to ask the youngest one you can find, because old dudes know nothin about NAWS. You could also check with autozone employees!

Whatever you do make sure you get a large spoiler and body kit...you will need the downforce to keep you from launching into outer space.

or you could just search the forums instead of expecting people to research for you and PM you the results of their hard work.

Back