• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

North Central Regional Classifieds

The Pudmobile is up for sale. As I can’t justify owning 3 cars, and she literally sits in the garage. Figure I would give the Midwest first shot before posting in the For sale section and CL. So send me your offers :)

The Good
- Full 3L – block was taped for turbo oil lines (some where around 43,000 miles on the engine)
- Torsen LSD
- Transmission was refreshed by LivinSVT
- New Clutchnet full face clutch, with Yellow pressure plate (less than 7000 miles)
- D2’s with Coilovers
The Bad
- Small rust spot above both rear wheels.
- Needs a Tune
----Comes with----
- Pre 98 Center Console and paint
- 4 – unpainted side skirt jack points and SF Paint
- 7 – painted side skirt jack points (4 on car)
- 1 extra passenger skirt.
- 1 damaged driver side skirt (could be used for trailer project if wanted)
- Any parts I may have laying around…. Really I would have to look.
---- Negotiable ----
- 4 E1 rims with snow tires, 1 season Plenty of tread
- Boston Acoustics SPG555 sub
- Boston Acoustics GT42 and GT24 amps
- Homemade ramps….. if you don’t want to make your own.

Hmmmmm.....wife would kill me....is it worth it.....hmmmmmm......

And it doesn't "need" a tune. It has one, just for a 3.0L split port...so it thinks it still has the IMRC. Once you get past 3K rpms, she rips real good like.

Hmmmmm.....wife would kill me....is it worth it.....hmmmmmm......

And it doesn't "need" a tune. It has one, just for a 3.0L split port...so it thinks it still has the IMRC. Once you get past 3K rpms, she rips real good like.
well if you also want to get rid of the check engine light for egr valve as well.

But yes I miss quote. The car does have a tune for the split port. The car would benefit from having a new tune to open up some torque in the lower RPM :).

Was it "96mystiquev6" if so i think he wanted svt exhaust for duals, but i think i talked him out of it due to how easy it is to make the rear y for these cars. He needs an MTX y-pipe though as he just bought an almost complete rod shift mtx conversion from me.

Also any one need any gray interior parts for a post 98 cloth car? Most parts free! Some I will ask a little bit for, but not much.

Got 2 sets of grey cloth seats I'm looking to get rid of as soon as possible. One is from a 98 SE Sport the other is from a 97 SE
The 98 seats are manual base, in ok useable shape.
The 97 seats have a power driver, I'm honestly not sure if everything works I only tried lumbar (which does work) this set is also in ok useable shape.
They are located in paynesville, mn I can bring them to st cloud or near there but will not deliver further. The 98 set can be free the 97 set cheap. Fold down rear on both.

Still have most parts from the 50k mile 98 SE Sport. Let me know your needs, clearing the yard so stuff will be moving fairly cheap.

rumor has it I now am parting out my 98 SE Sport MTX too... headgaskets went out again. Trans shifted good. let me know what you need, need the car out of here soonish...

I've got 2 sets of wheels for sale. I can get more detailed pics if needed.

17" 5 spoke SVT Focus wheels. Fair condition. $200 obo. Tires are BALD SOLD !!!!

003.jpg

18" BSA 4x108/4x100.. Nice!! w/michelin tires. 2 tires are bad with extreme inner wear but the other 2 are OK. $250 obo.

007.jpg

Damn, love the 18's, too bad my 99 SE just got totaled.
Anyways, if anyone happens to not already seen my ebay ad, I am going to start parting my 99. Its sitting in my garage and need to get my Torino back home soon.
I am getting ready to start tearing into this today.
IMAG0514.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121029647038?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If anyone needs the engine and trans together, shoot me a message. My old profile on here was eliteman76 {without the "." at the end, couldn't post for some reason}
Any other parts, let me know. At this point, I'd rather take anything usable out rather just scrap the bulk of stuff from a care we really tried to take care of.

*sigh* RIP '99
1999ContourSE-fixed1-June2009pic1.jpg

If you want to text/call 4O2-2I3-I449 to discuss. Located in Omaha, NE.
If needed, I can transport the engine/trans in one of my trucks if you have no way to move.

Selling my Lincoln 180HD MIG welder. Pretty much brand new. I used it 4 times. FYI they sell new for $670. Don't bother contacting me with ridiculous low ball offers. You can see what they are selling for new/used on eBay and craigslist. I'd prefer to sell locally, but will ship at buyer's expense. Here is a picture of the setup, but I am only selling the welder, torch, ground cable, gas regulator, gas hoes, spare tips, and spool of wire (everything that comes with it new).

EDIT: It is now on Craigslist, http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/tls/3583371431.html, also updated pictures.

overviewa.jpg
frontmq.jpg

rearao.jpg
accessoriesb.jpg

documents.jpg

insideky.jpg

Last edited:
I'm selling a 2 sets of 3L ported heads. One is a nice welded set which is pretty rare. Mose use those porting plates because it's much easier/cheaper. See pictures and price here:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...-Port-mached-to-SVT-UIM.-Exhaust-work.-Welded!!

I also have another set that is ported but not welded so you do need a set of porting plates. I don't have pictures of those yet but I can get some. Say $200 for a local pickup.

Shipping will suck so I figured I'd put them up in the MN forum to see if any local guys want them.

I am moving to Wisconsin in the fall and will be commuting to the twin cities for work. I am trying to feel out what it's going to cost to get my big three done (3L portmatched swap, transmission rebuild, and suspension done before we move). I need to make my car a reliable daily driver.

I am looking for someone to help (more) do the port matching and engine swap. I don't have the space, a stand, or a cherry picker for either the tranny rebuild or engine swap. Does anyone have any suggestions or is anyone willing to help out. I am on kind of a tight budget with this. I am trying to stay south of 3k for everything.

Any thing you guys have would be a great help thank you very much.

Last edited:
WTB Headers/good precats by Friday

WTB Headers/good precats by Friday

Like the title says I am looking for a set of good mainfolds or headers by Friday. Y pipe doesn't really matter if you have it or not.

Thanks all!

Back