• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No Pike for Me this Summer

eh, whatever, I on'y go down there every so often to see whats going on ... just don't drive like a jackass and you'll be fine ...

I plan on driving out a few times this summer. I only went once or twice last summer. I drive normal with an occasional quick launch, so I don't worry. I have nothing illegal done on my car except no front plate.

I plan on driving out a few times this summer. I only went once or twice last summer. I drive normal with an occasional quick launch, so I don't worry. I have nothing illegal done on my car except no front plate.

you sure about that? Tint? HID's in a car not made for them? Aftermarket exhaust?

Or are we talkin about the lexus?

tints there really big in ct.. last i knew you have to have the yellow sticker on them saying there legal tints... the cops really arnt that bad. i had a talk while driving next to a cop that drives the undercover camaro. he was like dont worry about getting pulled over just driving around or being parked in a parking lot there going after the people that are being unsafe speeders/weavers the people that seem like a high risk driver..REMOVED STREET RACING STORY. the cop was 2 cars behind them lol

Last edited by a moderator:
you sure about that? Tint? HID's in a car not made for them? Aftermarket exhaust?

Or are we talkin about the lexus?

1. My tint is legal. (35%)
2. I'd love for a cop to try and determine my HIDs didn't come from the factory or that they are even HIDs. They are 4300k, aimed down low, and the ballasts are tucked away very nicely. Now if they were 8000k, I could see a problem.
3. Aftermarket exhausts has never been a problem in CT unless it's excessively loud. Even then, cops usually ignore it.

The Lexus would probably get be more likely to get me stopped. Bright red and illegal tints (came with the car). :laugh:

aw damn i never even got a chance to go out there a bunch of my buddys said that its a nuthouse in the summer with tons of idiots racing everywhere so i kindaa wanted to check it out, but i knew there were already a ton of cops there and now its gunna be even worse screw that.

its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be cop wise. just dont be stupid there are a couple car shows on the pike on fridays night. i think they start at 5 or 6 and go till they feel like going home normally 11ish. again there only going after the people that arent fallowing the rules.. no differnet from any other kind of driving...

What's at airport road? My favorite CT cover band plays at airport rd cafe all the time but I've never been.

WILD bannable offenses.

No too many cops. Actually, almost none. I never have, nor will I ever race there, or anywhere that is not a track. It's just fun to watch. PM if you want more details

I may be going to Airport Road Sat. night w/ some friends if anyone wants to meet us there. I WILL NOT be racing

Since when is there a scene at Airport Rd.? I heard that was killed sometime last year. Cops have it totally covered and you can't do crap over there. Anytime I went, I was the only car on the street. :shrug:

Since when is there a scene at Airport Rd.? I heard that was killed sometime last year. Cops have it totally covered and you can't do crap over there. Anytime I went, I was the only car on the street. :shrug:

Yeah, its no more on airport road. They have installed rumble strips on either side of the road and in the center. It also curves halfway down to follow the line so "driving quickly" down the road is very difficult and uncomfortable. As for the pike itself i went last weekend and sat in the DD parking lot for hours with now problems. Its like the safe zone from the police. As for Best Buy, Circuit City and taco bell you get about 15-30 minutes before they do there normal rounds and just kick people out. As for the races now they are all Jennings road (gold club) and Buckley H.S. races. Got in a good 25-30 minutes on jennings road saterday night before police showed up. (Spectator Only)

Just a heads up for all your race spectators. New Connecticut laws state that spectators can be prosecuted just as much as race participants. So your registration can actually get cancelled if cops pull your plate from the scene of a street race. According to them watching an illegal race is like watching a drug deal or a murder happen and not calling or cooperating with police.:blackeye:

Just a heads up for all your race spectators. New Connecticut laws state that spectators can be prosecuted just as much as race participants. So your registration can actually get cancelled if cops pull your plate from the scene of a street race. According to them watching an illegal race is like watching a drug deal or a murder happen and not calling or cooperating with police.:blackeye:

Just bring a video camera and say you're doing a documentary for HBO or MTV. :laugh:

Back