• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No more SVT!!!! (Hopefully not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I have no idea how you walked away from that so easily. It looks like the drivers side got crushed in. Yah, that car is done, it would be way too expensive to fix it. Maybe you can part it out.
That's cuz it's built FORD tough (lol).

Well when the car clipped the billboard I was already hugging close to the passenger seat holding on for dear life. I was going like 60-70 mph, I didn't wanna fly out of the car! I can bearly remember but I know I couldn't open my driver door so I just climbed out of the passenger door and that's when the people came running over. The lady kept saying she couldn't even believe I was alive, she saw the whole crash and thought for sure I was gonna be DOA.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!
it is hard to believe that somepne could walk away from that!

definitely time to part it out.
the passenger side tailight looks good..somene needed one...
I won't get possesion of the car if it's a total, the insurance company or the bank will. I may get some cash tho, since my loan is for a lot less than what the car is retail valued at. Otherwise, I don't get anything.

they should offer you two amounts...
one where they keep the car
and one for a little less and you keep the car.

So, any ideas for a new car? If I can find another svt that's what I want... however my insurance is gonna go up so maybe not, haha.

How about an '85 or so Pontiac Parisienne? I once saw a guy drive one of these toward a billboard, and the billboard moved out of the way.

pontiac_parisienne_1.jpg

friday-damn-large.jpg

i been in a prerious accident without wearinga seatbelt...and luckily walked away with no permanent injuries. i'll never not wear it again.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/chris9581/friday-damn-large.jpg

How about an '85 or so Pontiac Parisienne? I once saw a guy drive one of these toward a billboard, and the billboard moved out of the way.

pontiac_parisienne_1.jpg

a friend of mine had one of those...he might still, he picked it up in like 2001 with like 30k original miles on it! he's always be like "that's my boat" in the forrest gump voice.

Shall I be the first to say you're a moron for driving like that? You're lucky you're alive, and luckier you didn't kill anybody innocent.

Holy....
:shocked: :crazy:

Glad to see that you are OK, minus the few cuts and scratches. Take it easy.

Hope you will be wearing your seatbelt from now on!

Shall I be the first to say you're a moron for driving like that? You're lucky you're alive, and luckier you didn't kill anybody innocent.
Thank you captain obvious. No really? I thought that driving like that was a good idea! I thought it would be the smart thing to do!

:nonono:

I don't need a lecture from you, I've heard it enough from my old man and everyone else I know.

It's not like I get into accidents every day, this is the first in almost 5 years of driving so thanks for the 'advice'.

OF COURSE I'm not going to be driving like that again.

Thanks coach, I know you're perfect.

Last edited:
Holy....

Hope you will be wearing your seatbelt from now on!

I don't know if wearing the seatbelt would have helped my chances. If I had been wearing one at the time I couldn't have easily ducked out of the way and stayed low in the passenger seat. The way the pillar was crushed into the driver area makes me wonder if I would have been better off wearing one or not.

Suffice it to say, I still feel it's 50/50 chance, but I usually do wear my seatbelt regardless. Just hadn't happened to be wearing one at that time.

Just some food for thought....

Many years back, my father was driving a convertible and managed to flip it. Luckily, he was NOT wearing his seatbelt and was thrown from the vehicle. Had he been wearing one I would not be here today.

Man...you almost ended up in the Fire Station's parking lot!!

Isn't the speed limit around 30-35 MPH around that area, and there was a large intersection (very busy, too) coming up within 500 yards or so, too!

You really are lucky!!!

Total loss...8 year old car, 70,000+ miles, twisted frame, doors, wheels, suspension....

Thank you captain obvious. No really? I thought that driving like that was a good idea! I thought it would be the smart thing to do!

:nonono:

I don't need a lecture from you, I've heard it enough from my old man and everyone else I know.

It's not like I get into accidents every day, this is the first in almost 5 years of driving so thanks for the 'advice'.

OF COURSE I'm not going to be driving like that again.

Thanks coach, I know you're perfect.

let me tell you something I have read some of your other stuff on here and you don't come off to well. the paint one comes to mind. you are new here and you get the award for being the first one to ever go after another new england member ever!!!! in the very short time you have been here you haven't done well. you in fact you put little haha's in you're posts making it seem a joke, you in fact put others in danger driving like that.

I will not sit back and read a post buy a newbie which you are, go after a long time member who stated a fact. you want to pull that crap on general forum so be it, no in neceg. I'm now glad I didn't go to the meet you seem to be a tool. This is one of the tightest groups in this club and you are not going to cause any riff within us believe it and Matt is one of us buddy boy, if we where all standing together on this and that comment we would be standing behind Matt get the point. get some respect or get banned.

Last edited:
take it easy fellas.
Ben was just reacting to being called a moron by Matt.
I'm sure he's under a lot of stress from this whole ordeal, so that is clearly reflected in his reaction. We're notorious in NE for sarcastic retorts, so it's nothing out of the ordinary IMO.
Veteran member or not, Matt can't expect not to receive some sort of reaction after calling someone a moron.

There's DEFINITELY no need to be talking bannings here, so you're out of line on that one, skunk.

If you guys want to continue to bicker, take it to pm's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back