• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New paint scheme for the rally car

I like flat black. But I want it to stick out more than it does. Flat black and smthing else would be fine. There was this tanish on darker tanish colored subaru at the event this weekend that really stuck out. The lines on the subaru with some really good engenuity allowed it to be such a thing. I'll try to find a picture to show you what I mean.

There is a pic floating around of Demons two tone piant scheme. It flows very well with the lines. Now if I can only find it....

It's not gooing to be too fancy. If it gets messed up, and it will, I'm not going to spend too much time fixing it up. It just has to look good in pictures while I'm racing. I'm not entering a car show.

Exactly my point :D I do have a bit of racing experience, lol.

painting the easy way...same prep work as spray, but use a hard cork or foam roller to apply the paint. a friend of mine did it on his truck and with a little elbow grease and bufing it comes out nice and shiny, just u dont needa have all the fancy spray gear to do it.

The two people in the picture own that vehicle. It happens to be a dedicated rally car. Roll cage, fire supression system, the whole 9 yards. Before we rounded the 3.5 mile dirt course, we did a couple of laps on the short Tarmac course. Half way through its first lap, the cv decided to explode on the passenger side. She diddn't hit anything nor do anything wrong. The car just failed. Apparently this has happened to this car before.

how bout black with some red accents?

IMG_8857.jpg

These are from a little off topic thread, but maybe they will help. Or someone else and play with them in paint / photoshop
CONTOURMSPAINTBMPHollyrollerz-SBE.jpg

CONTOURMSPAINTBMPHollyrollerz.jpg

and of course you can try this:
CONTOURMSPAINTBMPJohnDeere-1.jpg

Come on, Do it, Do it!

I was thinking of doing a two tone, but a little differently than pictured. I put the blue tape on and grabbed the camera. The camera was dead however. I'll take the picture when it is charged.

Here are five of a million possibilities. The blue lines aren't supposed to be the actual paint, but instead the separation point between different colors.
STP60612.jpg
STP60611.jpg

STP60610.jpg

STP60609.jpg

STP60608.jpg

I don't think the sharp angles look good on this car(last pic)...after all, the name of it is "contour"

I like the second pic...

one thing to consider is to use sheet vinyl instead of paint for the second color. It makes things much easier to deal with when it comes time to repair damage. Plus, w/ the dirt and rocks on the rally stages, it can help keep the "sandblasting" effect to a minimum, and you can simply slap on a new sheet of vinyl when it gets ugly.

Back