• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New numbers

my favorite part of this post... All of those mods together cost less then a grand.

Yep.....parts themselves ran me under a grand. Tune on the other hand was $400.:cool:

That is impressive. My mods cost about $1200 - partly due to the price of the Cobb AccessPort, which was over $700. Definitely worth it, though! My tune cost about $400 as well - $350 for Doug from Top Speed, and $50 for the dyno time as part of a group.

That's the great thing about factory-built forced-induction cars. For not much money, you can get big power gains up to the limit of your turbo and fuel system. Once you hit that limit, though, the price jumps pretty quickly. :eek:

That is impressive. My mods cost about $1200 - partly due to the price of the Cobb AccessPort, which was over $700. Definitely worth it, though! My tune cost about $400 as well - $350 for Doug from Top Speed, and $50 for the dyno time as part of a group.

That's the great thing about factory-built forced-induction cars. For not much money, you can get big power gains up to the limit of your turbo and fuel system. Once you hit that limit, though, the price jumps pretty quickly. :eek:
True....turbo is the big money item. They have some budget minded examples (like the stock looking 20g). Fuel pump I have now can handle up to 500 WHP I would just need injectors which aren't too expensive in the grand sceme of things.:laugh:

True....turbo is the big money item. They have some budget minded examples (like the stock looking 20g). Fuel pump I have now can handle up to 500 WHP I would just need injectors which aren't too expensive in the grand sceme of things.:laugh:

The 20g isn't a twin-scroll, though, is it?

Man, at 500 whp you'd better be upgrading a whole heck of a lot more than just the turbo and fuel system! I'm thinking transmission, differentials, axles....

The 20g isn't a twin-scroll, though, is it?

Man, at 500 whp you'd better be upgrading a whole heck of a lot more than just the turbo and fuel system! I'm thinking transmission, differentials, axles....
Want more like 400 whp. :laugh:

Nice numbers Hector. I put down 315 whp on the same dyno, with the same mods minus intake plus cams and LICP. You seem to have a nice Evo there. I was trapping at 109 in the 1/4 so you should be right up there. We'll have to hit up a track this year, I'm gonna need new tires first though.

Nice numbers Hector. I put down 315 whp on the same dyno, with the same mods minus intake plus cams and LICP. You seem to have a nice Evo there. I was trapping at 109 in the 1/4 so you should be right up there. We'll have to hit up a track this year, I'm gonna need new tires first though.
Thanks....we definitely do.

I have the LICP which isn't installed and may be doing cams once I need the timing belt done.:laugh:

Back