• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New numbers

hectik1

The Hispanic Hellion
First off luckly I didn't blow up my car. Baseline run my car was interesting. I guess my previous "base" tune was way too agressive.....advanced the timing too much and the ECU was retarding the timing because my knock sensor was going nuts.:help: Won't ever do anything other than a custom tune.

Mods: Turboback exhaust, manual boost controller at 23 psi spike holding 20 psi, and AEM intake.

With that being said my final numbers are:

picture.JPG

With that being said the car is a whole different beast. Never seems to "run out" of power, idles better, and is smoother powerwise.

Last edited:
What, no baseline numbers? ;)

I hope you're going to be running the car on the AWD dyno at Spring Zing! I'd like to see how you, Barge, Kevin and I all compare on the same dyno. Otherwise, the numbers are all hard to compare....

I agree, though, custom tunes are always best. Every motor is different! The out-of-the-box aftermarket tunes are intended for all conditions, all motors, and a variety of mods. A custom tune will guarantee that your motor, conditions, and mods will be set up properly. I gained around 20 hp and 40 ft-lbs of torque just from getting a custom tune myself.

What, no baseline numbers? ;)

I hope you're going to be running the car on the AWD dyno at Spring Zing! I'd like to see how you, Barge, Kevin and I all compare on the same dyno. Otherwise, the numbers are all hard to compare....

I agree, though, custom tunes are always best. Every motor is different! The out-of-the-box aftermarket tunes are intended for all conditions, all motors, and a variety of mods. A custom tune will guarantee that your motor, conditions, and mods will be set up properly. I gained around 20 hp and 40 ft-lbs of torque just from getting a custom tune myself.
Well the baseline the car made 291 HP....my afr was over 12:1....NOT good!:help:

Compared to my last dyno....I made 35 more WHP and 30 more WTQ.:cool:

Its truely amazing what an engine thats 1.0L smaller and has 2 less pistons can do:shocked: I can only imagine what a slightly larger turbo/injectors would do on that car, not to mention cams (I guess "old school" mods work no matter what!) oh and lets not forget about the AWD system to harness and actually use ALL of the power whenever you want!

First off luckly I didn't blow up my car. Baseline run my car was interesting. I guess my previous "base" tune was way too agressive.....advanced the timing too much and the ECU was retarding the timing because my knock sensor was going nuts.:help: Won't ever do anything other than a custom tune.

Mods: Turboback exhaust, manual boost controller at 23 psi spike holding 20 psi, and AEM intake.

With that being said my final numbers are:

picture.JPG

With that being said the car is a whole different beast. Never seems to "run out" of power, idles better, and is smoother powerwise.

Damn nice numbers Hector!
It looks like with a little more tweaking you will hit the 300 awdHP mark.

I hope I get that good after I finish my turbo upgrade on my S40. I "should" be able to hit about 225 awdHP with the S40 with about 10psi on the bigger turbo and I'm hoping closer to 300 awd HP with the turbo maxed out to around 15-17psi.

Damn nice numbers Hector!
It looks like with a little more tweaking you will hit the 300 awdHP mark.

I hope I get that good after I finish my turbo upgrade on my S40. I "should" be able to hit about 225 awdHP with the S40 with about 10psi on the bigger turbo and I'm hoping closer to 300 awd HP with the turbo maxed out to around 15-17psi.
Thanks.....not so much tweaking. I am missing a crucial intercooler pipe.:laugh: The only bottleneck left in the system.:cool: With this pipe I will hit the 300 AWDHP.

That will be installed in the near future.

Back