• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New numbers

Your clutch was awesome.....can't wait to get it in and more importantly, break it in.:cool:

What do you guys like about it? I'm going to need a clutch before too long, and I'm definitely going aftermarket.

My next mod = OEM seat heaters. $#@! is it ever cold here! Then JDM fogs and a wing-ectomy.

I have an Exedy stage 1 clutch in my car. It's easy to drive and grips well. The engagement range is still large so it's no on/off switch, and there is more pedal resistance (i.e. harder to push down than OEM) which I like. I can't stand "willy-foo-foo" clutch pedals that drop to the floor when you set your foot on them.

I have an Exedy stage 1 clutch in my car. It's easy to drive and grips well. The engagement range is still large so it's no on/off switch, and there is more pedal resistance (i.e. harder to push down than OEM) which I like. I can't stand "willy-foo-foo" clutch pedals that drop to the floor when you set your foot on them.

'Willy-foo-foo'? :laugh:

What do you guys like about it? I'm going to need a clutch before too long, and I'm definitely going aftermarket.

My next mod = OEM seat heaters. $#@! is it ever cold here! Then JDM fogs and a wing-ectomy.
Just like what Bronco said about his....since it is the same clutch.:laugh:

Any chattering/shuddering issues during starts?

I don't hear any chattering and it doesn't really shudder, either. It shudders for me only under a very small range of combinations of throttle position and clutch engagement. In other words, you'd almost have to be trying to get it to shudder for it to do it.

Also FWIW, one of my friends has the same clutch in his stage 2ish wrx and is also very happy with it.

Back