• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New house, I finally have a post-worthy garage

Thanks for the compliments guys, I can't wait to move in. I found out the floors are polished and sealed with an oil based sealer. So I think I will try a high gloss sealer and see how that works rather than epoxy right away. I'm also looking into 2-post lifts but I'm a bit concerned with the center trough drain and the sloping of the floor to the center of the garage. I can't find anything on what would have to be done.

In all honesty, nice job getting that huge place.

For the lift, figure out how much the floor is pitched from level. You can shim up the low side to keep your posts level. If you need specific plates/thicknesses cut with a hole pattern, let me know ;). I can cut and ship whatever you need.

Make sure you look into low profile lifts with adjustable height jackpoint pads too. One of the 2 lifts at my buddy's shop doesn't drop enough to lift the CSVT. The other one does but we have the screw adjusters for the pads maxed out in height to keep from crushing the skirts.

Congrats! Me and the wife just recently purchased our first home. The house has a nice little Attached 1 car garage (For the wifes Mazdaspeed 3)...and a nice detached garage in the back yard (With it's own seperate driveway) for my Toys. =)

3921_10151181012778214_1147093999_n.jpg

-Sam

So then all the office furniture above the garage is the current owners? I was going to ask if you had your own business or something.
Yes, we are currently renting the house to the prior owners until mid June when we are able to move. Its a win-win because they are buiding a new lake house and will be living in their RV for a few months after we move in until their new house is finished.
The prior owners own and run a chain of dairy farms, a custom concrete company, and some other farms. The upstairs in the garage is essentially their satellite office for them I guess. They have employees come and work out of the garage to run their books and do all the paperwork. When we take possession all the desks will be removed, it will be a big empty space except for the kitchenette and heater. The a/c unit is an LG "Art Cool" which looks like a TV mounted on the wall.
I have my own business as well - 2 actually, but I'll run them out of the office in the house.
253756_10200897393419771_173002166_n.jpg

In all honesty, nice job getting that huge place.

For the lift, figure out how much the floor is pitched from level. You can shim up the low side to keep your posts level. If you need specific plates/thicknesses cut with a hole pattern, let me know ;). I can cut and ship whatever you need.

Thanks! Can you make wedge shaped shims? Expect a PM in a couple of months ;)

Back