• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need replacement PCM and custom tune

giddyup306

CEG'er
Long story short I had taken my SVT to an exhaust shop to have it welded. The guy ended up frying my PCM. Now since it would be ungodly expensive to get a PCM from ford, I was thinking about just getting a standard v6 PCM and getting a tune for it. Can a twEECer or SCT bypass PATS tho? I'm not going to tow it to the dealership and have them reprogram two keys. If anything I'll put a push button start in the thing...

I can't remember who does tunes on here but here is my combo...

3L 1mm overbore
ported polished and flowed heads
MSDS headers and Y
secondaries machined to 36mm
fidanza flywheel
mustang TB

Now I want to completely get rid of my secondaries. I have my reasons so I don't want to hear any debate over it. I just need a tune for it.

As soon as I get my PCM I will be needing the tune so I'm looking to buy in the next week or so.

Thanks,

M.

I sent him a PM. But still how can I bypass PATS? It won't start unless you have two new keys (the PC/ED says it needs to be reflashed, but I always just reprogrammed the keys).

so you have a 98 E0 SVT then? then you don't need to worry about PATS. its external to the PCM

so you have a 98 E0 SVT then? then you don't need to worry about PATS. its external to the PCM

No I have a 2000. I need to get the calibration number off of the '98 to see if it will work. If you replace the PCM it WILL NOT crank until you reflash it. That's why I'm asking if I can just disable it. The VID block will be blank which is probably where it stores the PATS info. At least that's how the computers come from Ford.

No I have a 2000. I need to get the calibration number off of the '98 to see if it will work. If you replace the PCM it WILL NOT crank until you reflash it. That's why I'm asking if I can just disable it. The VID block will be blank which is probably where it stores the PATS info. At least that's how the computers come from Ford.

blah, no it wont work. a 98 is return fuel system and the 2k is returnless. the pin outs on the pcm are most likely different. so PATs would be the least of your problems at that point.

really have you bother to read anything. these details have been covered so many times before ....

fyi, there is one 2k SVT PCM code, XGT1, iirc ...

then are these others non-svt?

CONTOUR MY00 2.5L CGB0
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L CGB1
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L CGB2
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L CGB3
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L CGB4
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L HKG3
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L TRM3
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L VNM0
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L VNM1
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L VNM2
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L VNM3
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L VNM4
CONTOUR MY00 2.5L XGT0

ok, I was slightly off. looks like its XGT0 then, not XGT1. so the rest should all be non-svt pcm codes.

XGT1 is an SVT PCM code as that is what is in my 2000 SVT.

the codes he listed were the OTHER 2000 PCM codes for 2.5L cars.

Back