• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wide Kit?

Anthony

New CEG'er
I had this curiosity the other day, "I wonder if they ever made a wide body kit for a contour?"

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen one or knows of one. I was just fancying the idea the other day. lol.

Nope.

A company called Kaotic was in the process of making one a few years ago and a bunch of people jumped in on a group buy including myself. They got about half way through the kit and kaotic closed its doors and ran with everyones money.

Kaotic is actually the company that made the Andy's Autosport bodykit. I guess they ended up selling the mold to them.

kaotic2-1.jpg

Last edited:
i remember that. they did the same to probe owners with kits.
But I got my kit hand delivered to me by chris, one of the very few Kaotic kits around.

mmm was talking about my kit for my probe being hand delivered to me. this was like 5 years ago. I would never put a body kit on a svt contour. it's completely stupid. i never understood why somebody would buy the svt and then put a body kit on it. why not save the money and just buy the basic model and body kit it.

mmm was talking about my kit for my probe being hand delivered to me. this was like 5 years ago. I would never put a body kit on a svt contour. it's completely stupid. i never understood why somebody would buy the svt and then put a body kit on it. why not save the money and just buy the basic model and body kit it.

Obvious performance reasons...:shrug:

Not All are made to look "Cool":rolleyes: Not for our Contours, but there are kits out there that do increase performace for other cars. Well, as far as aerodynamics/downforce/etc. Just most are made for only looks. On higher end cars you can find these kits, but they cost a crap load of money.

Not All are made to look "Cool":rolleyes: Not for our Contours, but there are kits out there that do increase performace for other cars. Well, as far as aerodynamics/downforce/etc. Just most are made for only looks. On higher end cars you can find these kits, but they cost a crap load of money.

WTF is this, NASCAR? No, it's a freaking Contour. Ooooo +.0005mph top speed!

You really think a body kit will increase PERFORMANCE? The stock body is ENGINEERED to perform well. A body kit is designed to LOOK COOL. :nonono:

Or the hp and tq numbers an svt engine puts out as opposed to a zetec as he was trying to convey.

IIRC, the CSVT has less drag than a Dodge Viper, right? But I guess that doesn't mean anything.

Let's drive a box, boost the hp and tq to the roof, and see how fast we go!

The stock body is engineered. Plain and simple. Mechanical engineers working their complex dynamics and wind tunnel testing.

Correct. Even though our frontal area is slightly larger (SVT stats unknown), the coefficient is lower and calculates to better aerodynamics. But... Dodge wanted to do a chop top UPS truck, so that's what they did.

Vehicle Year and Model ... Cd ........ Area (m2 ) ... Area (ft2 ) ... Cd x m2 ... Cd x ft2
'92 Viper RT / 10 ............ 0.520 .... 1.794 .......... 19.31 .......... 0.93 ....... 10.04
'95 Contour SE ............... 0.320 .... 2.029 .......... 21.84 .......... 0.65 ....... 6.99

Maybe they would have gotten a little further if they weren't spray-painting the walls...strawberry?

Did anyone ever think a widebody could be used to increase performance in terms of handling and traction? I don't know anyone that adds a widebody to increase top speed or downforce. At least now you could run some decent width slicks. Would have made a good candidate for a RWD project as well.

For what I said, I was talking body kits in general. Z made it sound like every single body kit ever made for any kid of car was purly for cosmetics.

Wide body would be awesome for a RWD conversion. I hope someday to see it done.

Back