• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nebraska/Iowa

Jack_Flash

CEG'er
So the weather has gotten real nice these days and since there aren't that many CSVT's around our area I was thinking of maybe gettin together one day (preferably when it's nice and sunny like it has been this week) and meetin each other in perhaps a barbeque setting or just a car show setting or whatever setting people are into these days. I figure if we can successfully network around here we help each other out if the times demand it (especially since this is the season people start spending money on their cars). What do ya'll think?

I haven't decided on where yet. We need to get a date so that we can actually know who's coming or not (work and whatnot). Omaha is a good place since I can't actually go far (work monday-friday) but I'm up for suggestions.

I'm sure we can work something out where we meet in Iowa. It's not like it's that far anyways haha. You know I wouldn't mind doin a little roadtrip somewhere for a day (or weekend) with some of the people in this region. It could be like that one cross-country trip with all the exotics and race cars from I think it was L.A. to D.C. or florida or something.

How about Des Moines? That would make it a lot easier for iowa guys to make it.

And for some of us here in wisconsin as well.... on the weekends I'm 10 miles from the Iowa boarder over here by Dubuque..... so if I can get off of work and school... A meet would be nice to make it to.... if you'll allow people outside of the North Central area to attend :)

And for some of us here in wisconsin as well.... on the weekends I'm 10 miles from the Iowa boarder over here by Dubuque..... so if I can get off of work and school... A meet would be nice to make it to.... if you'll allow people outside of the North Central area to attend :)

Oh come now, we can't be hatin against each other just because we aren't in the same region.

Well I suppose I should try and find a place to meet at now that people are actually willing to go.

If it's a day I have off... and not toooo far... I suppose I could do it... still need to get that shift tower bolt of my tranny though before I go to any meets... wouldnt' want to break down on the way there....

I was also hoping to talk/meet with some of the guys here in omaha and get some advice as to where a good place would be. As you might have guessed I'm not really a veteran of planning these things.

whenever you get something planned let me know please so i can make sure to have some time to make it down there, meet some new people, dont see many svt's around my area

whenever you get something planned let me know please so i can make sure to have some time to make it down there, meet some new people, dont see many svt's around my area

You know, that's why I've sorta come to love my car a little more. It's not one of those mass produced cars that every teenage kid and his dog has. Also, it also doesn't really compel you that much to modify it a whole lot because it's already gone through most of the process from the factory. But anyways, I'm going to find a place to have some sort of meet. The next thing I'll do is find something to do at this meet haha.

UPDATE: Here are some of the details on that meeting next month...

If you guys can drive the extra 20-25 minutes, instead of going to Iowa I want to have it at a house I used to live at in Omaha. I decided this for a few reasons: 1)It has a pretty big driveway that can fit as many as 7-8 cars at once. 2)There is a grill there with a big deck so we can get some sort of cookout goin if the weather is nice to us. and 3) Some of the guys that live there are big ford fans and it would be a treat to show off a little bit.

As far as date goes... starting monday, 23rd of april, I will be on vacation for the entire week so no having to get up really early for me. Now, which day I choose during that week will depend upon who's available to go. Unless everyone here has a job that they can just ask off a day or two or three.

Suggestions on things to do... I've got a few things in mind. Since we all love our cars I'm going to assume we will be talking/looking/comparing with each other for a good while(as well as eating some grill if the weather is nice). Another thing I had in mind was going on a little tour of the town kinda deal because if you all are anything like me that would be fun in itself. Even if the scenery really isn't all that great haha. Open to other suggestions as well. That is all for now.

I got work sun-thurs usually.... fri - sat are fine for me, got an exact address so I can see how far it's going to be for me, cause it may be too far, but idk, hate to be a quitter....

Back