• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

National meet?

Anyone gonna set something up????

Someone just needs to setup something and be done with it

It needs to be setup by someone that will be local to the area where it will be held. Considering that I am in podunk Texas and that the CEG population within a few hundred miles of here is a grand total of one, I don't think that I would be the best host. If someone does get something started though and needs some help with things that don't have to be done in person just let me know. Given enough lead time to plan I should have no problems attending/helping out at one of the recently named locations.

Exactly. Someone step up and set up a meet. I would but I don't think people wanna go to Michigan for every CEG major meet. October would be a good time.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT!

No one wants to set it up unless there is enough interest to justify all the work involved.
People have posted many ideas for potential National meets already in this thread.
The lack of positive responses to those ideas just proves that it's not worth anyone's time to set up those meets.

People are more than welcome to come to NECEG for our annual Fall Meet. Kim's right though, there's a serious lack of interest for any location (a few people interested isn't enough to organize a full scale national meet).

I think Kansas city would be cool, thats where all the csvt's came from it would be kinda neat

I know i would be up for a national meet since i never get a chance to come to SZ. I think it would be cool for it to be somewhere on the coast especially if its still warm out

I'd definitely be interested if it were somewhat centralized, a lot of people don't want to show up because driving from anystate west of nevada is a long trip, from cali it takes about 2 1/2 days to get to st. louis or kansas city. to go to the neceg area is like 5 days drive.

The thing with National meets is no one truly expects the entire nation to show up, despite the name. They also don't expect numbers as high as SZ, but some significant numbers are still required to make the efforts worthwhile.
National meets are more like beefed up regional meets, and this section is the one helpful place to discuss the planning rather than posting multiple posts in multiple regional forums.

I'd definitely be interested if it were somewhat centralized, a lot of people don't want to show up because driving from anystate west of nevada is a long trip, from cali it takes about 2 1/2 days to get to st. louis or kansas city. to go to the neceg area is like 5 days drive.
Google Maps says it is only 48 hours to get from San Jose to Somerville MA, if you drive it straight, eat on the go and don't run into traffic :)

Google Maps says it is only 48 hours to get from San Jose to Somerville MA, if you drive it straight, eat on the go and don't run into traffic :)

I've done the drive solo from coast to coast, just to get from San Fran to SLC is 1 1/2 days, just to cross nevada is almost 500 miles on 80. utah isn't much better, either is wyoming, nebraska, or iowa, once you get to chicago you will run into traffic on the turn pike with all the construction. Just doing the SLC to Cleveland trip takes 36 hrs. (including sleep) and that was in good summer traffic going 90+mph through the bigger open states. to add the rest of OH, PA and NY (especially with the @hole cops in these states) with the slow speed limits will add a lot of time. Not to mention, if you did have the stamina to drive straight through, all you're gonna want to do is sleep once you get there. Just my observations, but I wouldn't promote driving that straight through for the following reasons:

1. Once you start getting tired you become a danger on the road and can be ticketed in some states for failing to get proper amount of sleep.

2. Driving non stop for this amount of time and distance is not good on any car.

3. You want to be able to enjoy the trip (that's half of the fun)

4. It is quite unfair to the people that would like to come to have to travel all the way across this country to come (somewhere in central as fair as it can be to get max attendance.)

I understand that not everyone is going to show and the requirements between the national and regional but this title sounds like "calling all cars" and I'd like to come to a meet worth being called a national. JMHO

Edit: Rouar, would you be willing to drive from somerville to San jose?

soo apparently my joke was ill-received ... doing the drive to SZ nonstop was plenty enough for me (17 hrs). I went up to my room and slept for 14-15 hours straight after that.

Anyway, I'm absolutely willing to do the drive from MA/CA but I wasn't serious about doing it in 48 hours.
edit: I probably wouldn't do it just for a CEG meet either.

Last edited:
soo apparently my joke was ill-received ... doing the drive to SZ nonstop was plenty enough for me (17 hrs). I went up to my room and slept for 14-15 hours straight after that.

Anyway, I'm absolutely willing to do the drive from MA/CA but I wasn't serious about doing it in 48 hours.
edit: I probably wouldn't do it just for a CEG meet either.

I guess so, sorry about that. my sixth sense for joking really sucks.

Back