• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally!!!

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
As some of you know, I've been battling with my car since before Christmas. Severe hesitation, bogging, general blah drivability. Well the other day, I heard the motor getting louder, the a whooooossshhh, and a strange sound from the engine bay. It appears my precat has passed...<moment of silence>........OK, MSDS, here we come.:laugh: Tried to call Marty last night, but no answer. Gonna try again today on lunch break. I hope they don't take too long, as the car is undrivable till then.

I was thinking I could just gut the precat till then, but I won't have a chance to make MIL eliminators till this weekend. I guess we'll see how that progresses. I guess I'll get to put the new ratchet wrenches to work.:laugh:

dance.gif

Finally!
Scott's getting headers.
double_jump.gif

If you don't reach Marty on the first call, call back in a few. He answers the phone personally.

Lol, one CEGer solves their issue...and another CEGer develops an issue with his car. This is a sick sick cycle.

can we gut my precats too? :laugh: seriously, though if people are meeting up to install headers, i'd be up for hanging out and lending a hand if needed.

Ok all. WHoever wants too, can meet up Saturday at my place, we'll kill the cats!:laugh: Seriously, I will be working on this Saturday, just so I can drive the car until the headers get here. Marty said about 3 weeks, that's too long to borrow my parents car. Any one up for a mini meet, chime in.:cool:

Probably around noon, if thats cool. Don't want to remove them if I don't have too. Just planning on dropping the y-pipe, and having at it. Maybe use a shop vac to suck all the little pieces out.

Searching this, it seems some people remove them, and some don't. I am not going to, just so I can do it again when the headers come in. Plus, I really only need to do the rear one, as it's the one clogged. Would it be bad to do only one? I'm thinking it may mess with the exhaust pulses or something. Probably just do them both. Mike, is noon good for you?

And yes, when the headers come in, i'll get a case of beer, and whoever wants to watch is welcome to come. Yay!!!! MSDS, here I come.

Probably around noon, if thats cool. Don't want to remove them if I don't have too. Just planning on dropping the y-pipe, and having at it. Maybe use a shop vac to suck all the little pieces out.

if it goes well on your car and is pretty easy with them on i might just have to do mine also. not sure i need it any louder. lol :) wait yea i do. i will let you know tomorrow about the time depends on how many hours i gotta work tonite.. you will hear from me sometime in the afternoon tomorrow scott... noon might be a lil early for me but it is not like i don;t know where you live so i could roll out around 1ish.. you will hear me coming..

Back