• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my very first 3l..

Lets hope that 02 motor wasnt one of the contaminated ones...

Are you referring to them having trapped zircon from the casting process? If so I remember Stazi saying they were only in 04's?

Are you referring to them having trapped zircon from the casting process? If so I remember Stazi saying they were only in 04's?

Ya I better be ok.. I'm gonna lose my boner completely for the engine swap if I have another problem with another engine

ok just got home with my new engine.. and its frikkin sweet. im gonna go stand it up and post some pics

Nice man, now you got something to work with. When can I come over and check it out, since I do live a couple mins from you.

ya man come down and kick it some time! come by anytime after 4 except tomo.. but tues or whenenver after 4 throughout the week. i need to just quit laggin and tear the 2.5 out already so i can look at the trans and start slappin the 2.5 parts over..gonna try to do some work on it this week.

no they were 02 engines that had the contamination...

Ya I better be ok.. I'm gonna lose my boner completely for the engine swap if I have another problem with another engine

you should be fine that engine looks super clean.

Side note 01-03 engines have the orange stripes 04-05 have black stripes... info for no apparent reason lol.

finally today i disconnected the tranny cables.. i cant believe i made such a big deal of them!! so freakin easy just pop right off!!! also finally unbolted the exhaust... finally just about ready to pull the blown engine out .. so now im only down to the mounts so i figure undo the mounts on the underside first and then undo the top mounts after i have the chains setup with tension holding engine? am i better off removing with the motor mounts attached to engine or mounts left on car?

I remove the lower mounts from both the car and the trans/engine assembly. Makes pulling the whole thing out a bit easier. I like being able to move the whole assembly around a little bit.

But yes, you are right, do not take any of the 4 mounts off until the engine's weight is supported.

Duuuuuuude im jobless right now, hit me up and I will come help you pull that female dog out!

ya man im hopin maybe sunday... shes all ready to come out just gotta pull that hoe you should roll up could use a hand with moving it around

ya i got a new one and its sooo good.. truly only 9k on it and sjon i def need your help with the cams before you move!!!!

Finally pulled that freakin motor today. FINALLY! My engine jack sucks hardcore but we made it happen. Special credits go to sjon for helping me pull today and all the other help he's given me..

Back