• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my port matched 04 taurus 3l

It means you have an intake leak as I posted before. It must not be huge or the car wouldn't be idling very well. It might be worth pulling the upper intake off and then slowly putting it back together to make sure it is all sealed up. Check for cracked hoses or broken vacuum lines.

It means you have an intake leak as I posted before. It must not be huge or the car wouldn't be idling very well. It might be worth pulling the upper intake off and then slowly putting it back together to make sure it is all sealed up. Check for cracked hoses or broken vacuum lines.

i agree with chris. just because you have a bank lean code doesnt mean its an 02 sensor. it most likely means you have an intake leak of some sort. un metered air does this. start at the upper intake gasket, and work your way all the way back to the mass air sensor. i've seen people get too excited about runnign the car and forget to tighten hose clamps at the throttle body, and things like that. so just look around it twice and chill for a few minutes maybe you'll find something you skipped over.

well i was listening last time. i redid the lower and bought new upper intake gaskets. i have went threw it two times. im gonna do it again just cause maybe i did miss something. well im off to do that and put my new b&g lowering spring on. i will let you guys know how it goes. thanks for the input

did you use a new EGR valve (or delete plate if you dont have EGR) gasket? if not it very well could be the problem. i just replaced it on my 3L because the old one, while it sealed well before, started to leak.

how did you seal you bugzuki plates? and their should only be sealant from the heads to plate, everything from there and up should be oem gaskets...or you can spray brake clean around while its running and see what causes idle disruption...

Steve-O

ok so i don't have any leaks and i still have the codes i just got a new one to p1405 so i need to change the dpfe sensor would that cause i lean code? or o2 sensors cause i havent changed those yet and it seems kinda slow of the take off not very noticeable but it is there other wise runs great doesn't stall sometimes the idle goes a little low like 600??? i geuss i will just have to change anything related to my problem

Back