• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new single exhaust

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
IMG_0107.jpg

It's light and it's loud. It's not raspy too. I have access to a sound studio, so I'll see if I can get some high quality sound if anyone desires to hear it.

If i didn't think my car would blow up soon, i would totally be buying that.

But with 184k miles on it, and in the repair shop every two months..

I still don't understand why you just didn't start with a SE

Because he has an SVT and he can openly :censored::censored::censored::censored: on the dreams want-to-be SVT owners.

Leave that junk out of this + future goumba threads.

Turning my car into a race car was never a plan if mine. I bought the car right out of baisic training in October 2002. I went to my unit and was deployed two weeks later. I had the car for three years when the origional motor went. I found out that it had spun a rod bearing when I got home from my third deployment in June 2005. The reason I was home from the deployment was because I was badly wounded in combat. I needed a car though, so my massive head trauma aside, I started to replace the engine. With all the screws I had knocked loose in my head, I made a real mess of my car. I figured that I couldn't function without a car, so I went and bought a new one. Between the payments of both cars, I was tight on money for a while. So my contour just sat outside to be abused by the Florida weather while I was stationed in north Carolina. Then in 2007, with my contour paid off and with a few dollars in my pocket, I had to make a decision. Either sell my mess of a contour and use the pathetic amount of money I would get from it to buy and build a race car. Or use the little amount of money that I had to turn the contour into a race car. I figured that since I already invested in a good suspension on the contour that I would use it. I already had two sets of wheels for it, and countless spare parts. So now do you see why I didn't start with a se?

Because he has an SVT and he can openly :censored::censored::censored::censored: on the dreams want-to-be SVT owners.

Leave that junk out of this + future goumba threads.
Wasn't knocking him, just asking a question

Turning my car into a race car was never a plan if mine. I bought the car right out of baisic training in October 2002. I went to my unit and was deployed two weeks later. I had the car for three years when the origional motor went. I found out that it had spun a rod bearing when I got home from my third deployment in June 2005. The reason I was home from the deployment was because I was badly wounded in combat. I needed a car though, so my massive head trauma aside, I started to replace the engine. With all the screws I had knocked loose in my head, I made a real mess of my car. I figured that I couldn't function without a car, so I went and bought a new one. Between the payments of both cars, I was tight on money for a while. So my contour just sat outside to be abused by the Florida weather while I was stationed in north Carolina. Then in 2007, with my contour paid off and with a few dollars in my pocket, I had to make a decision. Either sell my mess of a contour and use the pathetic amount of money I would get from it to buy and build a race car. Or use the little amount of money that I had to turn the contour into a race car. I figured that since I already invested in a good suspension on the contour that I would use it. I already had two sets of wheels for it, and countless spare parts. So now do you see why I didn't start with a se?
Yes, thats the answer i was looking for. I think its awesome what you do with it, i was just curious why you started where you where at.

Sound clip plz?

That sounds pretty nice, I'm assuming you're running just that muffler with no resonator? And, btw, your signature says you have an SVT. What happened to the stock duals just out of curiosity?

What you see in the first picture is all that's after the y-pipe. Rally damage happened to my stock exhaust. You should of seen and heard it bouncing around behind my car. It's not that badly damaged though. It was just too heavy and restrictive to try to spend any money on fixing it. I'm glad that I didn't fix it because now my car sounds like a race car. I was worried if it would sound like a rice car before it was in. I guess I won this time.

Back