• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of 2009 Production Camaro Interior

TexasRealtor

Hard-core CEG'er
camaro1cz6.png
camaro2jq1.png
camaro3gz2.png

and there it is, proof that GM can somehow wreck every project.

They are trying to hard to make it like when ford redid the mustang in 05, :nonono: Its like marrying a super model with a beard, GREAT body, but every time you see her you have to stare her beard.

Edit: Now that I look at it more, I get the feeling that EVERYTHING in that interior is an after thought, like they scuplted out a great interior that looked cool and retro and then they went "oh :censored::censored::censored::censored:, we forgot gauges, levers, switches, a place for the radio, and vents.. lets just throw them in there"

Last edited:
I thought the concept had a nice flush center stack. I don't know what the crap that is supposed to look like. From the Holden symbol on the other car on the trailer, I guess they are still testing the mule down under.

i think they need to postpone the realease for 2 more years and redo it:laugh: i loved it when it was the 2007 camaro

That's pretty damn ugly. The only thing I like is....nothing. Scrap it and start over is my advise/opinion to GM.:nonono:

But hey, It has ONStar!

Not really feeling it either. Gauge bezel is really weird. And look at knobs for the HVAC! :shocked: I dont think they could get much bigger.

Can this car take any longer to actually become production ready?

I guess they were trying to mimic the '69 Camaro dash (even down to the gauge location on the console):
69Camaro32Interior.jpg.JPG

The '69 dash is no beauty either (it's basically a Nova dash with a round speedometer). The '67/'68 dash would've been a better one to copy:
aab3_12.JPG

Memo to Chevy, just because retro can be cool does not mean it is cool when the original was fugly.

Does it matter if the interior is unappealing if the exterior looks like a turd? The current generation Camaro has been an pinched, slab-sided, ugly rig since day one. It will be overpriced, too.

Long live the Mustang! :cool:

Does it matter if the interior is unappealing if the exterior looks like a turd? The current generation Camaro has been an pinched, slab-sided, ugly rig since day one. It will be overpriced, too.

Long live the Mustang! :cool:

I don't know about that, I think the new Camaro actualy has an interesting style to it, just like the new mustang did. Me thinks Laura is a little biased.

However Ford also didn't over-do/underdo the new mustang's interior, delightfully retro but obviously new.

like I said, the Camaro's interior looks like one giant afterthought, like they tried TOO HARD to make it look like something it's not with modern materials.

I said it once and I will say it again, its like marrying a super model with a beard, GREAT body, impossible to look at her face every day

I want to like that interior, but it could be the car's downfall. It looks like one of those interiors that you would have seen in a wacky concept vehicle at the Tokyo Auto Show in 1989.

I want to like that interior, but it could be the car's downfall. It looks like one of those interiors that you would have seen in a wacky concept vehicle at the Tokyo Auto Show in 1989.

Anything from the Tokyo Auto Show, regardless of year, will score your retinas. Even GM can't compete with that kind of bad.

Where's that Cimarron D'Oro with the digital dash that I've been looking for? :laugh:

Back