• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new ride!!

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
Talked to my uncle the other day. He knows a guy selling a Cougar pretty cheap. Turn out, the guy is older and can't drive anymore, so he's selling it really cheap. Like $175. I was all over that. Picking it up Saturday. Now I got a beater in case the 'tour goes down again, or when I do the headers, or even during winter. :laugh: Yay, no more winter for the Pearl. :cool: We'll, tell me what you think.

cougfk2.jpg

cougintiy0.jpg

108K miles, V-6. Digital dash, power window/locks/seats. The guy is like 78, so I doubt he beat it. This could be fun. We also have some one givving my wife a 91 Golf that needs a motor. We have a used motor lined up for that too. Wow, in one week I went from having 1 working car to 4 (counting the wife's truck.) How the worm has turned. :laugh:

It's a $175 beater, I don't give a crap about the rust. :laugh: All it needs to do is last a year or two before falling apart, and I'm good. Heck, even for three months, it's still cheaper than a rental.;)

It's a $175 beater, I don't give a crap about the rust. :laugh: All it needs to do is last a year or two before falling apart, and I'm good. Heck, even for three months, it's still cheaper than a rental.;)

I was just asking from the point of view of an inspection station. :laugh:

Not bad at all for $175. :cool:

Any word on when the MSDS will arrive?

Hopefully w/ in a week. The ceramic coater's compressor died, down for 2 weeks. Supposedly, all sets are back at Marty's, getting ready to be shipped. :laugh:

Hopefully w/ in a week. The ceramic coater's compressor died, down for 2 weeks. Supposedly, all sets are back at Marty's, getting ready to be shipped. :laugh:

Scott, you have been waiting forever and a day for those headers. I'd be a little pissed at MSDS. Let me know once you get them in. I can give you a hand if you like. Another set of hands is always a good thing when it comes to these cars. I've got my WR headers, WR Y, and flex, I'd like to put on. Maybe a Saturday & Sunday header weekend is in order. :laugh:

Such a nice day, I let my duaghter Reanna talk me into teaching her to drive. Took the new coug. to the elementary school (after school was out) :laugh: . Began teaching her that POWER brakes mean she doesn't have to slam on them. :laugh: Any way, I was able to snap a pic of her driving. Overall, she did pretty good.

redp4.jpg

Me too, it was only a year ago next friday(legally that is.) First day i drove the tour was actually April 8th in the parking lot where my dad works. Im going to have to throw a party on the 8th since its our 1st anniversary:eek:.

Man, even I feel old after that comment. :cool:

i bet she likes the thought of being on ceg.. so when you going to teach her how to drive the svt?? :) you know once she drives, she will want to be out big pimpin in the tour..

Back