• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new beater

ive got a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 sport as well green/tan with chrome wheels,borla cat back,white face guages,induction kit,eibachs, H.I.D`s, etc
really fun car to drive and sounds just like a mustang. such a nice car

Any pictures? The LS' look great lowered! And did you buy the exhaust new? Everywhere I've seen, that's a $1200 exhaust. :eek:

Mark

ive got a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 sport as well green/tan with chrome wheels,borla cat back,white face guages,induction kit,eibachs, H.I.D`s, etc
really fun car to drive and sounds just like a mustang. such a nice car

pics2.gif

Yeah, that really is one hell of a beater.

My beater is a 89 Celica ST automatic, with rust spots, an accident caused major dent on the passenger side and a trunk that opens from the wrong side.:blackeye:

I went a similar route last year. American near lux cars hold value like a screen door on a submarine holds water. I went with FWD V8 lux though. 29K miles when I got it, only $12.5K out the door.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
I just traded our 2000 black LS V8 on an '03 Navigator Ultimate. I loved to drive the LS. It has crazy power from highway speeds. Ours was o.k. in the snow, I live in SW Ohio, so probably the same as IN. Last winter we got hit with some snow and the rear tires were getting pretty worn, and it wouldn't pull itself of a snow covered street. Keep decent tread on the tires and it is o.k. The cabin air filters are pricey but they do collect abunch of crap. I had to replace the driver's side widow regulator, to the tune of $450.00. The 17" tires on the sport model are pricey,as they aren't a real popular size. I owned ours for about 4 years and it was an awesome car. The main reasons for trade we 4x4 luxury for wife and kid,and the LS was getting near 100K miles.
Nice choice on a daily driver, turn off the traction control and it's a mustang with heated seats!

Rod
2kSVT

You are now officially an old man :D. Nice new ride tho and it better have some nice deep dish dubs by next spring:). I like the colour, must be because it's a rare colour (at least here in Canada it is).

Aaron

Thats NOT an old mans car and I'm sure its going to get hooked up, but when are the snow tires going on it and are you ready for RWD and snow:confused:

Thats NOT an old mans car and I'm sure its going to get hooked up, but when are the snow tires going on it and are you ready for RWD and snow:confused:

Yep, the LS already got hooked up! With a new cabin filter. :laugh: I'm not too worried about snow tires. There are only about 5-10 days in the winter where the snow is relatively thick to drive through, and the snow plows haven't cleared the roads. My driveway, to my work parking lot, is 2 miles away. :cool: On bad snow days, I don't want to be going anywhere, regardless of the tires on my car. Besides, these tires have quite a bit of treadlife.

Mark

Back