• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new beater

Y2KSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I've officially retired my 1993 Sunbird. She's coming off the road until someone else comes to pick her up. She WON'T be missed. :laugh:

I decided to pickup something a lot newer, and a lot more reliable. So last Friday, I signed the paperwork on my 2001 Lincoln LS8 Sport. I knew I didn't want a black daily driver, knowing how hard it is to keep the SVT clean, and I didn't want tan interior. Amazingly, it was pretty tough to find anything around here with those characteristics, that fell into the price range I would spend. So here it is, my new(to me) blue on grey LS8 Sport.

2496722_1_full.jpg

2496722_2_full.jpg

2496722_3_full.jpg

2496722_4_full.jpg

2496722_5_full.jpg

Mark

You are now officially an old man :D. Nice new ride tho and it better have some nice deep dish dubs by next spring:). I like the colour, must be because it's a rare colour (at least here in Canada it is).

Aaron

Nice, I was in the market for a black one before i totaled my SE. I was going to sell the SE when the SVT was done and get an LS for a daily ride.

~josh

You are now officially an old man :D. Nice new ride tho and it better have some nice deep dish dubs by next spring:). I like the colour, must be because it's a rare colour (at least here in Canada it is).

Aaron

Old man my ass. LS is a gangster car.

I'd hit that.

Old man my ass. LS is a gangster car.

I'd hit that.

gangster? not so much. needs more escalade.

i see most LS's being driven by blue hairs.

not that i don't like them... i think they are a hell of a deal for a nice RWD sport-lux sedan.

How reliable are these things? My folks are looking to me for advice on the next replacement car whenever my mom's tour or dad's Taurus goes out (Both around 115k miles right now). I'm really liking the LS. The V8 must be fun, but I think my folks would rather have the v6 auto.

These cars look great, IMO. I really like the pearl white and spruce green on these cars. Anywho, nice car!

Looking good mark! Glad to see you got rid of the shatbox no more countless hours spent trying to keep your beater running!

Pimp! How many k and how much? If you don't mind. LOL

69k miles. Ford wanted $13,988.00 for the car. I got it down to $12,169.00 + tax & title. I was out the door for $13,000.00 even. Compared to what I've seen all over the net, I got a great deal buying it from a dealership.

The tires are fairly new, they changed the oil, did a full service on the car w/ inspection. I found 2 spots on each side of the rear bumper that I wasn't happy with, so they repainted those areas. Looks like new!

I'm really happy with the car! Doesn't have a sun/moonroof, but I really don't care. I rarely use the one in the SVT, and after having problems with that one sticking, I'm glad the LS doesn't have one.

It has heated leather seats, dual climate control with vents for the rear of the car in the center console, 6 disk in dash Alpine CD changer, speakers EVERYWHERE! Hold down on the unlock button on the keyfob and all of the windows go down. Sensors for oil life, cabin filter life, miles to empty on the gas tank, fuel economy. Just tons of cool stuff the SVT doesn't have, that's nice for a daily driver.

Mark

I actually wanted an automatic. I can drive a manual transmission anytime I want with my SVT. I wanted something nice, clean and comfortable.

I considered the V6 5spd, but they're hard to find, and gutless! I worked for Ford, and my buddy(a technician) was working on one. We took it out to test the symptoms of the car, and it was pretty weak. The V8 auto is actually really fun to drive, and has pleanty of pickup on tap. :cool:

Mark

awesome!
I've wanted one of those since they came out.
Love the color too!

I'm definitely still keeping them in mind (used) for when my GL ****s the bed.
We're also looking at used Jaguars. :D
amazing how cheap you can get these used luxury vehicles for!

We looked at a few LS's before we got my mom a Crown Vic, I loved the way the doors sealed. The dealer said something about having 2 seals all the way around the cabin which makes it totally airtight or something.

You can definitely tell when you shut the door. You have to do a double-take to make sure it shut, because they shut so quiet. And there is very little cabin noise. :drool:

Mark

Back