• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

metor?

Though it's no doubt a shocker, I've not even heard mention of a "metor." :laugh:

Heard about it on the radio this morning. Apparently it was some sort of exaggeration. I heard the meteor was something people saw entering the atmosphere and burning up, but the debris on 94 was supposedly unrelated. Unless meteors are made of wood :laugh:

Heard about it on the radio this morning. Apparently it was some sort of exaggeration. I heard the meteor was something people saw entering the atmosphere and burning up, but the debris on 94 was supposedly unrelated. Unless meteors are made of wood :laugh:

Yeah, they discredited the stuff on the road real quick. A good amount of people over a great area saw it (from South Dakota to WI). It was a decent sized one they figure because it was seen during the day....about the size of a grapefruit.

Yeah, they discredited the stuff on the road real quick. A good amount of people over a great area saw it (from South Dakota to WI). It was a decent sized one they figure because it was seen during the day....about the size of a grapefruit.

A grapefruit sized meteor is considered decent? I wonder what they consider small, one the size of a grape? :laugh:

A grapefruit sized meteor is considered decent? I wonder what they consider small, one the size of a grape? :laugh:

The ones you see on a normal clear night are the size of a grain of sand. once they get up to the size of a basket ball and they impact there is going to be some serious damage done depending where it hits. There was one that exploded above Siberia in the late 1800's and I want to say it was the size of a small car. Trees were leveled for hundreds of square miles.

Back