• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Luk Clutch Kit $150?!!!

Pix aren't showing up for me. Also I just did some searching I can't find a difference in part numbers can someone help me out here with the correct #? I thought it was 07-137 but I want to make sure first.

Non-SVT and SVT clutches perform the exact same. The pressure plates and throw out bearings are identical. Actual SVT clutch discs were made of a slightly different composite but you would not be able to tell a difference in engagement or longevity of the clutch. It's essentially the same.

I have driven and installed each kind. Same, same, same, in the overall scheme of things......

There are no returns and no refunds, so if you want to take the chance - do eeeeet! :cool:

the non-svt and svt clutch disks and pressure plates are different. the non-SVT clutch is sach while the SVT is Luk......

if the picture in the link is accurate then its an SVT clutch kit.

edit: I fixed the photos in the stickied thread.

Last edited:
Brian, I have had non svt LUK clutches. Matter of fact I have never had a sach clutch even when I pulled my stock clutch out. . Sounds like you could end up with either in a non svt, and its not written anywhere to say which brand or when. Stock svt clutches are labeled SVT on the pressure plate.

I see in the pics that the sach and luk are obviously different. The point is, what's the 'functioning and fitment' difference....... none

I ordered one on friday - just checked tracking:

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 06/29/2012, By End of Day

I took the chance too.

someone on neco has bought that one also. they were pleased.

also, when i installed my luk clutch after my sachs. i definattly thought the svt was a little easier to push in. just saying it depends how to lube things up

Back