• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

Ryan, I'm giving you a hard time. Lighten up a bit.

Technique to launching the evo... Same as any other car, rev it up, slowly let out clutch making sure you slip it and not drop it avoiding wheel hop which avoids snapping axles and putting stress on drivetrain!

Ryan, I'm giving you a hard time. Lighten up a bit.

Technique to launching the evo... Same as any other car, rev it up, slowly let out clutch making sure you slip it and not drop it avoiding wheel hop which avoids snapping axles and putting stress on drivetrain!
Actually I think you need to lighten up. All you did was piss on him in this thread and your tone was never joking or funny.
Keep your head up Ryan, I think its sweet you had this experience.
-J

i agree. rawburt, you need to stfu. seriously. i swear, most people with Evo's are dicks. ur reminding me of Team Evo on Bull Run. i think ur probably just jealous cuz you arent cool enough to be on TV.:p

^ LOL

Don't profile me being a dick because the car I drive. Sorry, I bought a car that can actually put power to the ground. Jealous about TV, no. Personally I'd rather see a car scooting 11's down the track as opposed to 15's hopping through the 1/8 lol

relax people, i was :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing with ryan!

Last edited:
It's cool man, I'm not getting worked up and I'm usually a pretty chill guy.
My problem (and I see it here a lot) is that some guys will f@ck with people w/o joking then say "aww relax I'm just messing with you" when that's not really the case.
Anyway, I'm out, should've just kept watching hockey and not responded. :)
-J

Congrats Ryan! Dont know If I will get to see this sucker! But IF you record it and get it online I would love to get a look @ it!

Sry, Im not much of a TV person! Sweet car to get onto TV! Sucks our cars dont get traction!

- amyn

Don't profile me being a dick because the car I drive.
No offense bro...you have been sounding like that guy a lot lately. (and some other people who are now trolls) It's kool to have a fast car...and a lot of us have had fast cars. But because we drive csvt's doesn't make us naive.
Sorry, I bought a car that can actually put power to the ground.
Don't be sorry for buying a built car by somebody already. Just don't come off as arrogant. I built a 11 second mustang back in 1998. I bet you never knew that, did you? The reason is because i don't need to gloat my arse off all over ceg.
Personally I'd rather see a car scooting 11's down the track as opposed to 15's hopping through the 1/8 lol
Again...you getting a more powerful car only boasts your ego....and it makes you more bold. Which shows us your insecurities. Which is fine honestly because it does run inside us all. Some more then others. :blackeye:
I'm sure you are now. But even you....being on ceg would get harassed and then you would complain. Asking mods to lock threads when people would talk trash in your thread. Now what do you think your doing:idea:

^ LOL

Don't profile me being a dick because the car I drive. Sorry, I bought a car that can actually put power to the ground. Jealous about TV, no. Personally I'd rather see a car scooting 11's down the track as opposed to 15's hopping through the 1/8 lol

Most of us have a modded stang to do that:shocked: Anyone can finance a fast car,lol But we take pride in rare and amazing looking cars. Is it all about speed? I hope its more about pride.

Why are you proud to support JAP-an economy:blackeye: Disgusting, with all the American car manufacturers problems idiot Americans who buy non-American junk cant figure out why, its sad. Thats my import rant, it is what it is. I personally could not live with myself. BTW sweet ride! I love the vadar hood! I have that hood and a CF trunk on the way....i think, im waiting to hear from PANCHO!

Don't be sorry for buying a built car by somebody already.

Please tell me how buying a car with an intake filter, exhaust and a tune not even breaking 300 wheel running mid to high 12's that runs mid to low 13s STOCK is buying a built car? lol :laugh: For someone who "built" an 11 second car, you sure throw that term around pretty loosely, huh?

Rawburt has always been an e-thug. A real tough guy behind a keyboard.
But this thread isn't about Rawburt, so just ignore his silly comments and try to stay on topic.

Actually I think you need to lighten up. All you did was piss on him in this thread and your tone was never joking or funny.
Keep your head up Ryan, I think its sweet you had this experience.
-J

Its alllllll good, my head it always up, well not when I sleep:crazy:

Congrats Ryan! Dont know If I will get to see this sucker! But IF you record it and get it online I would love to get a look @ it!

Sry, Im not much of a TV person! Sweet car to get onto TV! Sucks our cars dont get traction!

- amyn

Thanks man, yeah well thats what we face as contour owners, wrong wheel drive non traction machines,lol And dont worry about seeing it, I will get it on here once it comes on, or someone else will I am sure of it.

Glad you made it onto the show, sorry about your car, how's your back:shrug:

Thanks to you too man. My back is starting to feel better, racing dosent hurt it at all, my seats lock you in place, Starjammir can tell you, I got the bride seats from him:cool:

Why are you proud to support JAP-an economy:blackeye: Disgusting, with all the American car manufacturers problems idiot Americans who buy non-American junk cant figure out why, its sad. Thats my import rant, it is what it is. I personally could not live with myself.

Hey now lets leave that for another thread.

Thanks to you too man. My back is starting to feel better, racing dosent hurt it at all, my seats lock you in place, Starjammir can tell you, I got the bride seats from him:cool:

Holy F! Do they ever! Was like being squished into a sardine can for my fat self.

why would a company design something for midgets?

Because it's a japanese company, and most japanese people are Ryan's size.

I'm also convinced that either
a) douche's are attracted to evo's
b) Evo's turn their owners into douche's

Oh, and i'll admit, my car is the easiest car in the world to launch.
Hard way
-Rev to 3500, pedal to the floor, wait until it hits 5500-6000rpm, release clutch rapidly
Easy way
-Flash launch control, push pedal to floor, wait until bouncing off launch control rev limit, release clutch rapidly

Tires are cheaper to replace than clutches :D

Back