• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LOOKING FOR SOME CUSTOMERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:

Plater looks like a match, but unfortunately, I hit a snag welder wise. I'll put up another update as soon as the problem is cleared. Possibly, I can do mock-up with steel, but all the info I can get, I will post. THANKYOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!! As far as y-pipes go, you may have to send them to me individually...

UPDATE: Measuring will be finished this week, and fab will be starting next weekend, once I have ordered the metal. As far as y-pipes, I cannot do that until the part has been sent to me. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!!!!!! I will have pics with each of the first parts produced. Please post/PM if you order has changed. Thanks!

1. 95pgt-t; Tie-down, rear strut tower bar
2. SVTeve; Tie-down, F/R strut bars
3. Schattastic SVT; F/R strut bars
4. ContourSVT99; F/R strut bar, optimized y-pipe(????)
5. Fordman302; Rear strut bar
6. SVTJON87; optimized y-pipe 3 bolt(????)
7. Woogieman; optimized y-pipe 2 bolt(????)
8. SVT3391: Tie-down, Front strut tower bar
9. CSVT#49: F/R strut bars

1. 95pgt-t; Tie-down, rear strut tower bar
2. SVTeve; Tie-down, F/R strut bars
3. Schattastic SVT; F/R strut bars
4. ContourSVT99; F/R strut bar, optimized y-pipe(????)
5. Fordman302; Rear strut bar
6. SVTJON87; optimized y-pipe 3 bolt(????)
7. Woogieman; optimized y-pipe 2 bolt(????)
8. SVT3391: Tie-down, Front strut tower bar
9. CSVT#49: F/R strut bars
10. xtascox: Rear strut bar

Front strut bar

Front strut bar

Hey, hope I can still get in on this. I'm in for a front strut bar if possible.
Cheers,
Keith

you're absolutely in, my friend. I'm still trying to get the last of the metal, the supplier is beig weird with me. Should be in by Friday, I HOPE:mad:

IMG_0237.jpg
Im suprised no one has asked for something as simple as this:

Front splitters are sweet, and it would be a nice alternative to the $$$$ mirko.

Any ideas for material? I am a metal guy, so even aluminum may be heavy for something like that. I may be able to gey a fibergalss guy working for me though:shrug:. Absolutely NO promises with that one.

I'm picking up some more metal on Sunday:cool:

Those done professionally are usually fiberglass. When they're done by individuals, it's usually 1/8" (or so) aluminum. Fiberglass would definitely be better for the reasons you outlined.

Can you go into any more detail about the projects you're planning? For example, I assumed your rear bar was going to be a straight bar -- not triangulated. What I'm most curious about are your plans for the "TIG-welded aluminum intake manifold".

the intake Mani would be a sheetmetal job, but noone really wants one for zetecs. So far, that's out. The bars will be triangulated to the floor of the trunk unless otherwise specified. The front will be triangulated to the firewall a. An option. Pretty much you tell me what you want of each part and I make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back