• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LOOKING FOR SOME CUSTOMERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
Hey people. I'm looking to start making some very basic parts for the Contour/Mystique platform. The most complex I can go is an intake or exhaust. I am very knowledgeable, and very skilled at the art of fabrication. So if anyone is interested, please post, and tell me what you want, how you want it, and what it's for. I have my own 4cyl tour to fabricate intakes with, and a good car to fabricate cat-backs on. I will be able to match or beat the flow of any 4cyl intake currently availabe, anf I will be willing to develope a TRUE CAI for the Zetec. But ONLY WITH ENOUGH INTEREST. My welds will be of professional quality, and the parts will FIT.

One last thing:
I an contemplating a sheetmetal intake to eliminate the need for an external plenum on a Zetec. BUT ONLY WITH ENOUGH INTEREST

Yeah man your best bet is to make a CAI Etc cat-back and take Quailty photos of all your work and then post on here and see about an interest.Wouldnt want someone to say hey make this and then they dont want it ya know..

well a few questions i have.

will it all be mandrel bent?? becuase no one will buy if all the bends have the bend ridges.

hope you can do aluminum because sheetmetal will rust if not painted and is a bit heavier

prices will have to be said before anyone commits to it. your going to have to be able to supply a full working kit.

all gaskets filters and such should be included.

and second i wouldnt be to surprised if you customer base is limited. you haven't been on this site to long to get a great rep.

but good luck. Im going for Computer Aided Product Design Bachelors at Penn Tech. If you need anything done as a blue print i could help ya out

Hey, thanks all for the great tips and feedback. I am a talented TIG welder (NO BUBBLEGUM!!!), so all intake parts will be aluminum. The exhaust will be MANDREL BENT as will the CAI, and the intake manifold will be available late spring at the earliest. My sig is definately a joke, but my car is pretty old. It will be used as an experimental vehicle until I get my CSVT (I swear to God, if Bagged buys them all out, shiz will be goin down:mad: :laugh: ). Here's the complete list of parts that I will begin developing...

FOR CONTOUR
-Full cat-back for all Contour apps.
-First true CAI for the Contour Zetec
-Optimized* Zetec Contour intake
-Front strut tower bar for all Contour apps.
-Rear strut tower bar for all Contour apps.
-TIG-welded aluminum intake manifold**
-Heat shield for cone-filter intake on Duratec Contour.

FOR FOCUS
-Front strut tower bar for 2000-2007
-Rear strut tower bar for 2000-2007 SEDAN
-Optimized* intake for Zetec

*Uses a basic kit to optimize the performance of the stock pieces. Comparable to "SleeperZ" intake

**ELIMINATES EXTERNAL PLENUM, available for stock or 60-65mm throttle body

Like I said, the intake manifold will be available LATE SPRING AT THE EARLIEST. Probably more like June or July, depending on progress.
All parts WILL be a complete kit, and the heat shield will have a lining around the edgest to protect the customer and the part. If you have a serious inquiry, please PM me. It is not set in stone whether or not I will produce these parts, I will only produce them if there is enough interest. If/when an order is placed, you have to give me time to make the part. I am working with 4 or 5 friend at the most. If anyone wants to help out, please post an offer on this thread. I am in southeastern CT.

THANK YOU!

a aluminum battery tie down would be simple and
icon_pimp.gif

Good shiz. KEEP POSTING IDEAS!!!!! BTW, the prices will be much lower than those coporate jobs. I don't have bills or employees to pay...:cool:
~$125-$175 for the intake manifold (TENTATIVE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'll do all I can for you guys. This has been the most helpful forum to me on the interweb, with the kindest group of members. (I'm a member of a few like streetfire and N2S). I got into a fight with a N2S'r about a tour, and called him a gramdpa. Everyone had my back, but he was still a dick. I stay off there now. I would not reccomend it. But I digress.

You guys have been great to me in my short 2 months of membership, and I'd like to give back. :cool:

hmmm,simple things like a rear strut bar would prob sell,since no really offers them(bradness,but he doesnt really advertise them)

Sooo, total parts list so far...

FOR CONTOUR
-Full cat-back for all Contour apps.
-First true CAI for the Contour Zetec
-Optimized* Zetec Contour intake
-Front strut tower bar for all Contour apps.
-Rear strut tower bar for all Contour apps.
-TIG-welded aluminum intake manifold**
-Heat shield for cone-filter intake on Duratec Contour.
-Battery Tie Down

FOR FOCUS
-Front strut tower bar for 2000-2007
-Rear strut tower bar for 2000-2007 SEDAN
-Optimized* intake for Zetec

*Uses a basic kit to optimize the performance of the stock pieces. Comparable to "SleeperZ" intake

**ELIMINATES EXTERNAL PLENUM, available for stock or 60-65mm throttle body

If you uys wanna start signing up for parts, just do the post thing on this thread.

1. 95pgt-t with aluminum battery tie-down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back