• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for gauges

WHEELSPIN

CEG'er
So, I have a lotek A-pillar that is awaiting install but I can't seem to find the gauges that I want. I wanna buy Autometer Phantom gauges since them are almost identical to the stock gauge cluster, I see them in 2-5/8" and 2-1/16" but the opening is only 2". Anyone where I can get them?

Why does the lotek site say 2"?

call and ask :shrug:

btw the guages are just held in by pressure not the mounting hardware they come with. So if the openning wasn't 2" then they guages wouldn't be tight. 1/16th of an inch isn't that much ...

especially since its 1/16" across the diameter which means its only 1/32" for the radius.

Thanks for the info. So, if I want oil pressure, fuel pressure, and voltage; do I buy electric or mechanical? I only voltage is electric but for the pther 2 what easier and cheaper?

Thanks for the info. So, if I want oil pressure, fuel pressure, and voltage; do I buy electric or mechanical? I only voltage is electric but for the pther 2 what easier and cheaper?

oil pressure is the only highly practical guage u have listed there. u dont need a fuel pressure guage. its not that hard to know when u have fuel issues. and u can get them at autozone for cheap. for the oil pressure, i'd get mechanical for sure. also, if u want ones that look good and match the dash guages, u can look into ford racing ones. they're the ones i got.

DSC02891.jpg

hmmm ... they look like autometer phantom guages to me but with Ford Racing on the face. and full sweep also.

DSC04176.JPG

hmmm ... they look like autometer phantom guages to me but with Ford Racing on the face. and full sweep also.
yup. they're autometer phantoms. the full sweep is AEM tho. its the 'ford racing' logo on them that swayed me on picking them up. and the price to get these were like $10 each more iirc. besides, they match the whole ensemble:)

Well I want oil pressure for sure. Voltage I want because the car don't have a stock one. And I chose fuel pressure because I don't need 2 water temp gauges, I have no boost, no need for egt, so I chose fuel pressure. And as far as the phantom vs ford racing; I perfer the phantom set better, I don't need another ford emblem let alone 3 more.

Well I want oil pressure for sure. Voltage I want because the car don't have a stock one. And I chose fuel pressure because I don't need 2 water temp gauges, I have no boost, no need for egt, so I chose fuel pressure. And as far as the phantom vs ford racing; I perfer the phantom set better, I don't need another ford emblem let alone 3 more.

they're the same. phantom makes both. diff is one says 'ford racing' while the other says 'autometer'.

edit- oh i see what u're saying now. u dont want any that say 'ford'. gotcha. i personally luv the 'ford racing', thats y i got them. they looked stockish. lol. i guess u can get the fuel pressure guage then. mechanical guages are generally better/more accurate. fuel pressure tho is a tossup. if u get that leaking, its bad news.

a/f
intake air temp
one of those OBDII scan guages
a clock
shift light
oil temp
water temp
egt

just look at the autometer website and pick one

a/f
shift light
egt

just look at the autometer website and pick one

i'd take any of these in addition to the oil pressure if i were u. with an oil pressure guage, u dont really need a temp guage for the same thing, as the pressure generally tends to let u know whats going on with the temp. negative on the water temp; for a stock car, ur dash guage performs the job well.

Are air to fuel useful? My buddy had one and it just seemed to jump back and forth, is there more then just a gauge required?

yeah, it is useful. not as crucial for a stock car, but works great. u never know when a hose comes undone. get the wideband. its the one i have. its more accurate than a narrow one cuz it actually has A/F figures. most ppl have the narrowband one which is more of a light show really. here's mine below. its the black one on the right by AEM.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/guages.jpg

I bought Faze gauges because of the EL gauge backing. They mach my EL gauges in the dash quite well. I opted for Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Voltage. I also bought a Innovate Motorsports LC-1 wideband controller with a DB blue LED gauge. Here are some websites to look at...

Innovate Motorsports LC-1 and DB gauge kit - Can be found on eBay with a best offer for cheaper... IIRC I picked mine up for $180 shipped and they threw in a stainless steel bung for my SS test pipe.
Eletrical Faze Competition EL gauges - I did a quick Google search for that site, but I bought mine all at once for a bulk discount off of a seller on eBay, check around there and you'll find them for cheap. They work great.

Here are the only pictures I could find quickly...

interiormd7.jpg

widebandgauge.jpg

Back