• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local classifieds (only place you can post them in forum)

I did find a engine hoist !!! Borrowed one from a co-worker after nagging him for months.

We broke it down and fit it in the trunk/backseat of the Contour...:eek: the car handled it well, but it was sitting REALLY low in the rear.

The very nice running 2.5 auto is coming out of the Mystique again and im gonna remove what little is left on the car and scrap the shell.

This WAS a decent reliable car up untill I got bored one day and started taking it apart just to see "how things worked". Much of it went into the Contour

Ive learned alot.....

Also I have a many Contour/Mystique parts here if anyone needs something cheap.

Selling mods off of Slingers old SVT that I just picked up: (updated 8/4/09)

Vortech Supercharger Kit
(Upgraded pin drive version with upgraded bypass valve): $2,300
Pro Flow MAF: $50
42lb return injectors: $125
255lph fuel pump: $50 plus your stock return pump (drops right in for return cars and will work on a stock 2.5 up to a supercharged or turboed 3L)
Carbon fiber hood:$200
97 T-red decklid with spoiler: $100 plus your stock T-red decklid
17 ADR Reaction Rims (white) with new Falken tires on them: $300 plus a set of stock SVT rims with good tires on them
Spec Stage 3 + clutch and pressure plate (nearly new only 15 miles on it): $300
Spec Aluminum Flywheel: $230 (no resurfacing needed only 15 miles on it)
Mirko Spliter: $200
AEM Wideband: $150
Sho Shop Y Pipe: $100
Bassani Exhaust: $500
Indiglo Gauge Cluster face and HVAC: $75 plus your stock parts.

PM or email for pics or you can stop by and check them out. Parts are off the car and ready to go.

Thanks,
Chris

PM or email for pics or you can stop by and check them out.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris- You've got a PM... isn't this all slingersvt's stuff... he never got back to my reply on the offer, which is odd since it's pretty much your asking price... Let me know. I'm looking to buy the supercharger, 42lb injectors, and the 255L pump. Also interested in the hood... but not sure I can give up mine... let me know.

Chris- You've got a PM... isn't this all slingersvt's stuff... he never got back to my reply on the offer, which is odd since it's pretty much your asking price... Let me know. I'm looking to buy the supercharger, 42lb injectors, and the 255L pump. Also interested in the hood... but not sure I can give up mine... let me know.

I did buy slingers car. My brother in law needs a cheap car so I'm parting the mods and dropping a 3L into it for him. Replied to your PM.

Looking to buy the following parts:

-Midnight blue triangle plastic pieces above the door panels on the front doors
-Stock CD player or tape player
-Front door speakers
-power antenna or even a normal antenna from a SE if it fits.
-Stock struts and springs
-T-red hood
-T-red trunk
-coolant tube that connects to the bottom of the radiator coming from the cross over pipe.
-SVT Clutch/pressure plate
-SVT flywheel
-possibly a good mtx75

I think you should just be giving the clutch away....we all know what happens to them. :laugh:

If you don't have anything nice to say then...

Mine 3+ is fine and if people read up on the issues they could drop some material/weld around the spring openings to be sure the springs won't pop out they will be fine. He did include another stage 3 disk and pressure plate with the car that has more miles on it so I actually have two to sell.

PM'd blackcoog

I definetly want the wideband. Please put me first on the list for that.

Pulled the clutch out of the car I'm de-modding and it was actually a spec 3+ clutch (full face for stock like engagement) instead of the 6 puck that I was told (on off clutch). Even better for those looking for a nice clutch. I'm still running my 3+ with no problems and I love it. I would recommend some preventative action to beef up the spring changes on the pressure plate while it's out. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

Spec Stage 3+ clutch / pressure plate: $300 Looks like it just came out of the box, less than 15 miles on it per the owner and was $579 new. I'm starting to think I should keep it for my car.... This is a crazy deal for someone looking.

Pulled the clutch out of the car I'm de-modding and it was actually a spec 3+ clutch (full face for stock like engagement) instead of the 6 puck that I was told (on off clutch). Even better for those looking for a nice clutch. I'm still running my 3+ with no problems and I love it. I would recommend some preventative action to beef up the spring changes on the pressure plate while it's out. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

Spec Stage 3+ clutch / pressure plate: $300 Looks like it just came out of the box, less than 15 miles on it per the owner and was $579 new. I'm starting to think I should keep it for my car.... This is a crazy deal for someone looking.

I know his car has been sitting a while, so he might of actually gotten a clutch before they changed whatever it was that caused them to fail. Cause it only seems to have been in the last year or so that all the crap has hit the fan.

I barely skim the site anymore - nothing worthy going on, could care less about local meets, have lots of things going on and the site seems to have taken a turn for the worse in the past year... Thinking about SZ, but if nobody I know goes, I'll just stay home.

Fawk - I didn't realize you had a CF hood... :nonono:

See what you get for not paying attention! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Updated for sale list:

Vortech Supercharger Kit
(SOLD!)
Pro Flow MAF: $50
42lb return injectors: $125
255lph fuel pump: $50 plus your stock return pump (drops right in for return cars and will work on a stock 2.5 up to a supercharged or turboed 3L)
Carbon fiber hood: (SOLD!)
97 T-red decklid with spoiler: $100 plus your stock T-red decklid
17 ADR Reaction Rims (white) with new Falken tires on them: $300 plus a set of stock SVT rims with good tires on them
Spec Stage 3 + clutch and pressure plate (SOLD!)
Spec Aluminum Flywheel: (SOLD!)
Mirko Spliter: (SOLD!)
AEM Wideband: (SOLD!)
Sho Shop Y Pipe: (SOLD!)
Bassani Exhaust: (SOLD!)
Indiglo Gauge Cluster face and HVAC: $75

WTB if you all have them

WTB if you all have them

looking for a front mesh grill, silfro painted headlights or some one that can show me the way to do so, im short on money but i just want to know who to contact for these parts when my wallet says so

thanks,
CK

Looking to buy a cheap rear roll restrictor ASAP (worn is fine as long as it still works). OR I am willing to trade a filled rear roll restrictor for a stock one.

Back