• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local classifieds (only place you can post them in forum)

Hello

I am trying to pull my Black 2000 SVT out of the garage but need some parts to get it right

1. Rear bumper cover
2. Mouting tabs for the Side skirts(ones rivets to frame lost them in transport from Hawaii)
4 Sunroof motor cover(tan
5. Dash (way warped)

I only have 45000 on her and seems like a waste to be in garage all the time

Thanks

Darren

Fix the dash yourself with some gorrilla glue. It's a pain in the ass but it will work. I've done it on quite a few. You can also have the windshield pulled and pick up the kit ford sold to fix the problem.

Fix the dash yourself with some gorrilla glue. It's a pain in the ass but it will work. I've done it on quite a few. You can also have the windshield pulled and pick up the kit ford sold to fix the problem.

Yeah I used liquid nails on mine... I used a bent acid brush and smeared it all between the vinyl and the dash. Then I shoved some wooden wedges in between the windshield and the dash to keep pressure on it overnight. It's not perfect, but it's about 134235 times better :)

new to site and missing terminology

new to site and missing terminology

okay i am new so what is an EO?

darren

almost ;)

for those of you that don't know, EO's have a plastic piece (black in color) around the heater vents that goes the length of the dash and is probably 4" wide. that will keep the dash from coming up around the windshield edge.

My 2000 has almost no noticeable warp...

Some had the kit installed under warranty so if you have any plastic or metal trim around the vent it as fixed previously. Or I may have fixed it before I sold it to you. :laugh:

Usually I tape off the windshield and dash so if I drop any glue it isn't permanent. Then I use a rubber tube about a foot long and gob glue on it. Fish it in under the gap and rub it around until you get it on the underside of the dash. Keep doing it until it's all over. After you are done get about 15 water bottles and jam them between the dash and the windshield. It will keep pressure on it all night. Cut off any excess that foams out and then pop in your vent the next day.

Chris

Some had the kit installed under warranty so if you have any plastic or metal trim around the vent it as fixed previously. Or I may have fixed it before I sold it to you. :laugh:

Usually I tape off the windshield and dash so if I drop any glue it isn't permanent. Then I use a rubber tube about a foot long and gob glue on it. Fish it in under the gap and rub it around until you get it on the underside of the dash. Keep doing it until it's all over. After you are done get about 15 water bottles and jam them between the dash and the windshield. It will keep pressure on it all night. Cut off any excess that foams out and then pop in your vent the next day.

Chris

No warranty fix - so you may have fixed it. There is a very small piece of velco on the dash, next to the drivers side a pillar. The giant vibration I get when turning kinda pulls away from any other problems the car has :p I've replaced the knuckle, inner and out cv, anti-sway bar (got the GB upgraded ones as well) and the tie rod end. Only thing left is to replace the control arm - if that doesn't fix it I'm not sure what I'll do...

No warranty fix - so you may have fixed it. There is a very small piece of velco on the dash, next to the drivers side a pillar. The giant vibration I get when turning kinda pulls away from any other problems the car has :p I've replaced the knuckle, inner and out cv, anti-sway bar (got the GB upgraded ones as well) and the tie rod end. Only thing left is to replace the control arm - if that doesn't fix it I'm not sure what I'll do...

How about wheel bearings?

you replaced the axle yes? make sure your CV is solid at the point where it goes into the transmission, your diff bearings may be going bad prematurely (did you shim it out or reuse the old ones?)

you replaced the axle yes? make sure your CV is solid at the point where it goes into the transmission, your diff bearings may be going bad prematurely (did you shim it out or reuse the old ones?)

New CV, new intermediate cv and it is tight. Diff bearings should be fine - had then replaced when I had the trans shop install the Torsen. I'll go after the LCA first, if that doesn't do it I'm going to feel defeated...

Back