• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LOCAL CLASSIFIEDS - 2nd/3rd quarter '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
WANT TO BUY

Hey guys im gonna name a few things im looking to get..maybe someone around my area has them lying around.

I have a 98 contour t-red 2.5 liter non svt...looking to get things to make it look more svt-ish like sideskirts.

Im also looking for new head lights. Mine turned real yellowish and foggy.

I need a new antenna..

Let me know thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
FS: Pioneer headunit, shortram intake, tinted tails

Selling pioneer headunit (sold), shortram intake, and tinted taillights...

Email me at zbmwr15@yahoo.com if you are interested..

WTB: Rear Springs+Struts For 96 SE

So it looks like the trusty V6 SE is going to need some rear suspension work. However, with the ticking time bomb of an engine, I didn't want to spend the big bucks on anything really fancy. (We'll save that for the SVT :rolleyes::drool::laugh:). Hence this WTB for working used rear struts and springs. Whenever I hit a bump now I continue to bounce and near bottom out :blackeye:. The front of the car is fine. The back is the trouble maker :nonono:. Please PM.

WTT: my SilFro trunk w/spoiler for your Silfrom trunk W/O spoiler. we can meet up and swap, but must be in good condition (mine is probably 9 out of 10). PM me if interested

WTB: back passanger side door, no dents, any color, even scratches are fine.

if its black you get bonus points.

if its black and has e1 svt door dings and midnight blue interior, ill birth your babies

Local Classifieds, 4th quarter

Local Classifieds, 4th quarter

This thread is only for listing items you want to sell (FS), want to buy (WTB), or trade locally.

There are a couple rules that need to be followed - read these rules BEFORE YOU POST :
  • NO PRICES !!!!!!!
  • NO REPLIES TO AN AD IN THIS THREAD , PLEASE ! Take it to PM's
  • DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE !!!!! Keep your ads simple & to the point .
  • PLEASE KEEP PICS DOWN TO A REASONABLE SIZE . If someone needs to see big pics , you can PM them to him/her .
The ads will be cleared periodically to keep the thread bearable . If you just posted an ad on the last thread , please re-post it here . That way we can keep the thread updated quarterly . Sorry for any inconvenience !!!

Before you post - READ THE RULES AGAIN !

If you find an item that one of the members is looking for: either PM a local MOD (getsum111 or Buddy Palumbo) and ask them to add the link or information to the original post OR PM the member and let them know that you found what they are looking for. Let's keep the classified ads clean and uncluttered please. TIA

My roommate Sally is selling her stock wheels from her 95 Mustang GT Conc. 17 inch, some curb rash. She said one is slightly bent, she needed to add air about every 1.5 months. She is selling these cheap, would make a good set of winter wheels, or a nice extra set. You can PM me for more details, she is willing to ship if you cover cost. Please help me get these out of my shed.:laugh:

cruisenwheels006.jpg

cruisenwheels005.jpg

cruisenwheels008.jpg

Shot of ex. of curb rash:
cruisenwheels007.jpg

FS: SVT floor mats - Blue/grey - 2 sets to SELL

Bought on group buy years ago. Car has been gone for almost 3 years Still in original bag

***fixed your ad for you ...***

FS - Big lot of CSVT parts

Contour Carbon Sail Panels - 1 set

WHITE HVAC overlays

Chrome Fuel Door

Yellow Ford Racing Wires

SVT Stainless Door Sills - 1 set

Full set of Dash surrounds including Light and Mirror switches

RARE CSVT Ford Duffel Bag

Drilled Rotors - bought on group buy years ago

***fixed your ad for you...***

This thread is only for listing items you want to sell (FS), want to buy (WTB), or trade locally.

There are a couple rules that need to be followed - read these rules BEFORE YOU POST :
  • NO PRICES !!!!!!!
  • NO REPLIES TO AN AD IN THIS THREAD , PLEASE ! Take it to PM's
  • DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE !!!!! Keep your ads simple & to the point .
  • PLEASE KEEP PICS DOWN TO A REASONABLE SIZE . If someone needs to see big pics , you can PM them to him/her .
The ads will be cleared periodically to keep the thread bearable . If you just posted an ad on the last thread , please re-post it here . That way we can keep the thread updated quarterly . Sorry for any inconvenience !!!

Before you post - READ THE RULES AGAIN !

If you find an item that one of the members is looking for: either PM a local MOD (getsum111 or Buddy Palumbo) and ask them to add the link or information to the original post OR PM the member and let them know that you found what they are looking for. Let's keep the classified ads clean and uncluttered please. TIA

CSVT 5 spd tranny WITH Quaife. Tranny does not shift gears. Havent cracked open the case yet. If there is interest I will crack her open and see whats up. Willing to part out quafe and tranny if interest. Local pickup only on the tranny.. Will ship quaife.
28k orig on tranny about 5k on quaife

98 SVT Contour. 99k original miles. Needs some work, but could be a nice car if you can get it titled or use it for parts. I have a title, it's signed by a prior owner, but is not in my name so I can not transfer it to you. I needs a windshield, right headlight, shifter cables, E-brake cable, and an alternator. Brakes are like new, tires are half tread, maybe a little better. Wheels are not original, they are from a Cougar. Interior is midnight blue leather, it's so dark it's nearly black. Engine is in good running condition other than alternator and runs strong. Transmission seems fine other than the broken cable. It can be shifted from under the hood into the gears so it could be driven onto a trailer or tow dolly, but it will need to be towed. I have driven it around my property on a fresh charged battery and it drove well. Body is fair, but has many little dings all over, and the one rear door has a crease. Front bumper has a small gash that could be repaired since it's hard to find a replacement SVT bumper.

I planned to fix it up and drive it since I've always wanted one of these, but was laid off from my prior job, and had to take a job making less money, now bills are due. :cry:

3kc3p03of5O25P25S699ff08570cdc5921de0.jpg
3k43p93l45O25P45Sc99fe24bab32a37d11a1.jpg

3m83o43p65Q55Pd5S399f6e45aaadd7901507.jpg
3ka3pe3l65Od5R25S499ff78781ed5cc7112e.jpg

CSVT 5 spd tranny WITH Quaife. Tranny does not shift gears. Havent cracked open the case yet. If there is interest I will crack her open and see whats up. Willing to part out quafe and tranny if interest. Local pickup only on the tranny.. Will ship quaife.
28k orig on tranny about 5k on quaife
Location?
-J

Low-mile FULL SVT suspension + extra front springs

40k mile stock SVT suspension, includes:
--struts
--struts mounts and bearings
--springs with extra set of 20k mile SVT front springs

All in perfect shape, only removed to installed BAT struts and H&R springs as I had to replace one axle and decided to do the full suspension instead of springs only. The car rode absolutely perfect, no problems. Only 2 winters on suspension.
Concerning the springs, at 20k I bought a set of stock 20k SVT front springs and cut 1/3 coil off to level the ride height. So there are 6 springs, (2) stock rears with 40k, (2) original 20k stock fronts, (2) SVT fronts with 40k and cut 1/3 coil.
Only other note is that one mount lost 1/2 the rubber bearings in it but my mechanic friend said you can buy those separately :shrug:. Mounts in excellent shap otherwise.
Sorry I don't have pics as they are at my parent's house in Toledo, OH and I can't get them until Oct 3rd due to work.
Looking for a local sale, can deliver within reason from Toledo, OH or Pittsburgh, PA.
-J

***fixed your ad for you***

FS -- 95 ZETEC GL

Time to walk away from son’s Contour. Needs tranny or tranny rebuild for somebody capable. The driver side halfshaft was replaced in July (I didn't do it) and it developed a leak in the output shaft seal. It ended up blowing the seal while he was driving down the highway and he ran it low on fluid. With full fluid it still runs and shifts, but the 2-3 upshift slides pretty badly. It stays in gear when it does shift, and it kicks down just fine. Overdrive works OK. Pukes tranny fluid like a wino with a belly full. Nice trail of drips down the road.

Will cost more than we want to spend to put another tranny in it, and I'm not sure I want to put any more money in it. It IS a 15 year old car, after all. I trust the engine until the car falls apart, but we have to pay somebody else to swap tranny, so it's not worth it to me. One of you is in a much better position to do it than I am. A used tranny near here will be 250-300. The labor is the killer.

Aside from tranny, the car is in very good running condition for its age. The engine does not use oil and revs happily under full throttle.

Not looking for a profit, just want to cut our losses. It's still a completely servicable DD for someone who wants to do the trans work.

Rules prohibit posting a price, but trust me, at this price, you're buying the tires and battery and the car comes free.

DETAILS:

white w/ blue cloth interior

103k miles on odo

4 brand new tires and front brakes (pads and rotors) in July

brand new Die Hard battery in august

new rear struts and new timing belt/timing set/water pump less than 10k miles ago

no body rot to speak of

A/C clutch needs to be replaced, but the system is still sealed and it works
fine but rattles very badly. I put the shorter non A/C belt on it and drive it that way

power door locks stopped working, all power windows work fine

all wiring is intact and no probs

0918091621.jpg

0918091622.jpg

0918091622a.jpg

stock steel wheels with wheel covers. NOT alloy rims.

0918091624.jpg

PM for questions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back