• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Life of a SVT Contour at car show

Recoveryone

Veteran CEG'er
I went to a lil car show by my house today:

img0725nr7.jpg

img0734wm7.jpg

img0729bo8.jpg

img0735kp9.jpg

And this is what I get for my troubles:

20080417002kv0.jpg

BEST IMPORT!!!!!!!

I told them before the show it was not a import, but the Judges were from the local shop owners that were sponsoring the show. They didn't have a clue. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

someone needs to be :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:slapped for thinking a contour is a import, thats worse then calling them a taurus.

Can't wait to get my Samco hose kit so I can get it on and work on getting the engine bay really popp'n. I saw this PT cruiser that gave me an Ideal:

img0731vt3.jpg

But it may not blend well with the red hoses I have coming, may go with a SF color. But I'm sure I well get braided hoses that the Samco does not cover and get the Red anodize connector for all the hoses.

I can't believe that shiz - what a bunch of idiots, but good for you :) - lookin good

Your car's really looking good. Did you perchance take off all the Ford/Contour badges? Maybe that's what befuddled the judges.
Karl

If they judges had no idea what "SVT" is, then they dont belong judging a car show.

If they judges had no idea what "SVT" is, then they dont belong judging a car show.
I think that point was already established by the OP. I'm wondering what the rest of the cars were in the show - front drive vs. rear - stuff like that. It may have been the only "import like" car there. Plus, like it or not, that SVT logo on the side of the car is not standard issue and begs comparison to imports with VTEC or some such other acronym added to their flanks.
Karl

Back