• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mid-driver recommendations?

CarpePoon

Hard-core CEG'er
I want to upgrade the front mid-bass drivers of my components. I want to go to either 6 1/2 or 7" Anybody have any recommendations or know where I can get a good pair cheap? I know Dnewman used to always post links to stuff on partsexpress. Anybody know what kind of mounting depth I can get away with?

I used to have a set of Vifa 7" mids up front that came highly recommended on here. I don't remember the exact model # but I believe they started with PL. I made a wooden plate to house them and use as a spacer. I'll check online to see if I can find them.

Back in the day, I used to have a set of MB Quart components, they were the nicest sounding speakers I had ever heard. Don't know what their quality is like anymore, though. IIRC, they got bought out, didn't they? Boy, I do miss those speakers though. :cool:

IIRC, they got bought out, didn't they? Boy, I do miss those speakers though. :cool:
Yeah, bought out by Maxxsonics who also owns Hifonics and crunch. Maxxsonics is a good company that will not make quality suffer, if anything they are just as good or better than they used to be.

Back