• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just wrecked my CSVT...

OB1 hit a deer and it made his sunroof pop open and he had to fiddle with it for a while before it closed so the sunroof doesnt mean a thing guys. Bring her back to life man!

Unless the frame is obviously damaged the only way to tell is to measure. Every vehicle made has certain points throughout that are there to be measured for squareness. A good frame shop will use these point to make sure that everything is as it should be.

When I wrecked my car there was obvious frame damage. However, the sunroof and all the doors open and close just fine. The sunroof being open isn't indicative of frame damage. But it can't be ruled out either.

The sunroof could have popped open due to all the pressure from the air bags going off in the cabin. Good luck getting it fixed.

I wrecked mine last December and the insurance company totaled it, but since I didn't want to give it up, I just paid for it out of pocket. Be glad an SVT is worth more than an Mystique. The value of mine was something like $1500 :help:

Good luck!

I appreciate all of you for giving me your input and encouragement. Today I went and picked it up from the tow yard. I pulled off my front bumper, the custom grille that I built (which is still together), took off the hood and inspected everything in the engine compartment I could, cranked her up, and let it run for some time while I checked for leaks and listened as my car hummed like always. After letting it get warm enough for the thermostat to open, I got in and drove it to my GF's house. I will fix this car and drive it again! I don't know much as far as body/frame work goes, but I know how to use the yellow pages, and utilize my network, and others networks around me, not to mention CEG has been a great resource for me. I am an enthusiast!!

I think you should cut your losses and walk. You could wind up sinking lots of $$ into the car and have it still not be right. If your insurance declares it a total loss, it will have a salvage title if it is repaired. By anybody.

I appreciate all of you for giving me your input and encouragement. Today I went and picked it up from the tow yard. I pulled off my front bumper, the custom grille that I built (which is still together), took off the hood and inspected everything in the engine compartment I could, cranked her up, and let it run for some time while I checked for leaks and listened as my car hummed like always. After letting it get warm enough for the thermostat to open, I got in and drove it to my GF's house. I will fix this car and drive it again! I don't know much as far as body/frame work goes, but I know how to use the yellow pages, and utilize my network, and others networks around me, not to mention CEG has been a great resource for me. I am an enthusiast!!

I think you should call me! I've got parts & Advice. i might just be in the ATL area this weekend as well.

Ive been reading up on airbags here, but Im still curious as to whether or not I have to replace my airbags. I've searched through Georgia code as well. Im sure there is some some info on it somewhere, I might have even missed it but I am human. Anyone have any info or know where I might find the info?

I am quite sure that the airbags will have to be replaced. And even if they don't, why wouldn't you? You'll also have to replace the airbag computer under the center console as well.

I am quite sure that the airbags will have to be replaced. And even if they don't, why wouldn't you? You'll also have to replace the airbag computer under the center console as well.

Yes they have to be replaced according to GA law. I didn't have any problems out of my airbag control module but it most people say to replace it.

where do u live so i can come there and slapp uuu.. i want to cry !!! ;((
that sucks broo, i swear it hurts to see a Csvt that banged up..good luck with getting it back to its feet..

where in Georgia are you located i seen you stayed out by union city for a sec i'm over here in stockbridge and i'm willing to help out if close enough

where in Georgia are you located i seen you stayed out by union city for a sec i'm over here in stockbridge and i'm willing to help out if close enough
My car is at my GF's house in Midtown. Tomorrow I begin to take apart the front end of the car and remove the airbags.

Just a little update to those interested, The sunroof was apparently knocked off track. I was able to get it the litle slide back in the groove with little effort, and it closes fine.

I am now in search for a parts car or front clip of a contour. Any trim model will suffice. I'm assuming that other than the bumper cover, all trim model Contours are the same. I took my CSVT to Kongs Body shop in Atl for an estimate. Needless to say my car and I left together. So, Now comes the fun part, and I get to try my hand at bodywork. For some reason, I think this is going to be a little bit more difficult than changing the alternator and plugs combined...... Only time will tell.

Back