• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just wrecked my CSVT...

blksvtinatl

CEG'er
:drool::drool::drool: what a sad day it is.... car in front of me decided to stop in a keep moving lane just around the other side of a blind curve. The kicker is all the times I ever drove my CSVT like it should be driven, never was there any slight chance of a collision. Then when I drive like a grandpa, I wreck. The good news is the officer responding felt as if the other vehicle caused the accident even though I ran into him. The irony in the situation is that even though I was 35 miles away from my house, I manage to hit someone who lives in my neighborhood. I guess the bright side to all this is that I've been wanting to try my hand at some bodywork......:shrug:

SVT.jpg

wreck2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With that glare in the picture, it looks like you can re-use your front bumper. Did it even get scuffed? I can't tell. Hood, Fender, headlight. Puncture the battery? What about the front core support? Hope it's not too much to fix, you car is Sexy!:cool:

I believe the car will be totaled. The substructure is bent. In order for me to get out of the car I had to kick my door open. The sunroof wont close now (it was closed) I just put new wires and plugs in it two days ago. The car was clean. Im so bummed

wow bad juju... Fmonkey just wrecked his today... a week after buying a parts car for a new motor and trans... well... guess we have PLENTY of parts now.:shrug:

:censored::censored::censored::censored:ty from what i can see. edit your post so the entire thing shows up lol the pics locations make it not visible totally.

Im about to go to the location of my car. I will be able to get some better pictures with a real camera and without glare. As far as selling of any of the parts, Im going to wait and see what happens... I hope to keep the dream alive and get another one..... We'll see

If they do total it, you don't just have to give the car up.
You have 3 options.
1. Take the $$ they offer you, give them the car walk away.
2. Take the $$ they offer you, buy car back and fix it.
3. Take the $$ they offer you, buy car back and part it out.

If they do total it, you don't just have to give the car up.
You have 3 options.
1. Take the $$ they offer you, give them the car walk away.
2. Take the $$ they offer you, buy car back and fix it.
3. Take the $$ they offer you, buy car back and part it out.

Really there is only one option, and it doesnt involve giving up my car. I waited 10 years to get this car. I remember working at Gene Evans Ford in Union City, and the first time I saw a CSVT. I was in love. I had already driven an SE my mom brought home from her job at Ford.... Besides I have parts at home to install on it and some TIP121 transistors to fix the IMRC. Im not giving up on my car. To much love involved. I'll keep those who are intersted posted. I love my car:laugh::laugh:

hey, that wreck aint too bad i rear ended some one and my whole core support was smashed almost to the engine, so i cut it out went to the junkyard cut another coresupport out and spot welded to onto my car. i will have pics up soon but i think your car is too beautiful to give up on it. it looks like under 500$ fix...

Really there is only one option, and it doesnt involve giving up my car. I waited 10 years to get this car. I remember working at Gene Evans Ford in Union City, and the first time I saw a CSVT. I was in love. I had already driven an SE my mom brought home from her job at Ford.... Besides I have parts at home to install on it and some TIP121 transistors to fix the IMRC. Im not giving up on my car. To much love involved. I'll keep those who are intersted posted. I love my car:laugh::laugh:

Glad to hear you are planning on keeping it.
Your insurance will go down also, since (in most states) once a car has a salvage title, you can't insure it anymore.

Glad to hear you are planning on keeping it.
Your insurance will go down also, since (in most states) once a car has a salvage title, you can't insure it anymore.
if insurance never pays out any money on his car then it wont have a salvage title

Anybody know a good body shop??

Anybody know a good body shop??

Well I guess my "as seen on tv" Dent Wizard might not be right for this job.
Wreck1.jpg
wreck3.jpg
wreck4.jpg
wreck2.jpg
It hurts to see my baby so banged up....:drool:

My dad has a shop in Charleston if you want to go that far. Been in business more than 20 years and over 40 years working on cars.

Other than that, I hope you get it fixed soon. I wrecked mine almost 2 years ago and I still haven't had the time to fix her. Hopefully this December I will.

It twisted the sunroof open:eek: - looks like a problem and more severe than anticipated.... bummer

not that bad of damage sorry to see that happen good luck with the insuarance company.

Back