• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

You have to pull the engine to put it in though. Suckage. And don't say easy because you know darn well it's never the most fun! :D I'd never put one in out of a yard. You know they were never used and most likely carp as well. If you're going to skimp just take it out all the way I guess. Maybe the ABS is just a bad or dirty sensor. Who knows what you'll find by the sounds of it. You sure Alex didn't own this car too? :D

Nah, this one has too many proper electrical connections to be one of his. :laugh:

As for the ABS my inference of sourcing a unit from a junkyard was to replacement e-brake parts to replaced the seized parts. I have a good ABS module if i need it. I do recall i had a dirty connection on my last svt that gave me an ABS light, a little electrical contact cleaner on the plug and all was well.

Car as delivered yesterday:

msc157.jpg

msc158.jpg

msc164.jpg

The seats are all junk...clearly never taken care of...
msc183.jpg

Needs a steering wheel for sure...
msc185.jpg

Gauges cot effed up when he removed some overlays...
msc186.jpg

Awesome re-spray...
msc193.jpg

msc194.jpg

Invisible trans mount...
msc197.jpg

Like i said the cars interior us undergoing stripping....i made a few changes this morning, and continued work this evening...no pics from tonight yet, but teardown began along with removal of the busted stock antenna and sub wiring. I'll be relocating the battery to the trunk and adding anew stereo system. the car does have components in the doors, they sound rather nice. Keep in mind all of this was just laying around the shop...

eyebrowed lights off the t-red parts car i bought some time ago...i'll be hightowering and eyelidding th new ones.
msc196.jpg

pre-98 sails
msc198.jpg

BLKOUTs old SVT gauges rolled forward for the second time for install into this car.
msc199.jpg

msc201.jpg

I think that the car actually looks pretty good with a little work you'll have a nice DD. I think if the wheels were a glossy black it might look better, but I still like them. Mine should look just about the same but I'll have black eo's. You
wouldnt have an extra set of e1's would you? Haha

Make sure to keep us updated on this project.

congrats how many svt's have you had now? That interior didn't look so bad. You never saw that t-boned car I bought in person did yah? That was dirty the dash was literally a sheet of pigeon :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

This is number 4.

As for the interior it's way worse than the pictures show. I will be keeping my eyes out for newer seats.

Provided the car pases a compression check, it'll be getting the trans internals swapped, maybe headers that i have laying around and a good cleaning and everything will be dropped back in.

I'm going to spend tonight with hetfield at the shop getting the car ready for battery relocation.

your extra gauges have almost the same mileage :laugh: awesome! - I have extra tan parts around, you could stop over an pick at them....

You should name this car Testiclese.
seriously :D

nice pick up for a dd, man.
I'm gonna laugh if you eventually get too attached to it and make it another garage queen.

You wouldnt have an extra set of e1's would you?

Undecided as to weather I'm keeping the or going to E0's...i've got both.

your extra gauges have almost the same mileage :laugh: awesome! - I have extra tan parts around, you could stop over an pick at them....

I will do that, puick up those track car parts you did for me as well while I'm there. Appreciate it!

Do you still have the steering wheel from Alex's car?

You should name this car Testiclese.
seriously :D

nice pick up for a dd, man.
I'm gonna laugh if you eventually get too attached to it and make it another garage queen.

I will not be doing that. The car just needs to much cosmetic work to be worth sticking it in the garage. I will make teh car one i enjoy, but it will definitely not sit around.

Todd, the wheels will be gunmetal when i'm done....and probably E0's.

Last edited:
I will do that, puick up those track car parts you did for me as well while I'm there. Appreciate it!

I will not be doing that. The car just needs to much cosmetic work to be worth sticking it in the garage. I will make teh car one i enjoy, but it will definitely not sit around.

Todd, the wheels will be gunmetal when i'm done....and probably EOs.

I have an extra set of EO's around if your willing to make a deal for the E1's, I also have an extra wheel but its midnight blue? Good luck with everything and can't wait till its done!

Nice pickup. I saw that thing on 41 once on my way up to Appleton a while ago. Good luck with the cleanup process.

I have an extra set of EO's around if your willing to make a deal for the E1's, I also have an extra wheel but its midnight blue? Good luck with everything and can't wait till its done!

I most likely am willing to deal. I already have 6 EO's but hey, what's 4 more. :laugh: I need to think on this one.

I also have an extra MNB wheel, but i think i'll just pull one from the yard.

I'll be swapping the dash out for an early style so there's no warp issues down the road and dying it black to start the two-tone interior. The seats are my biggest concern right now. They're deteriorating so they need to be replaced ASAP, just need some inexpensive replacements in decent shape. If the car was MNB it would ahve my spare 50k mile seats in it already.

Uhh, tack parts??? :shocked: not done yet :) hehe - I do have the steering wheel, but it will be going in my car, but the one in my car is not worn either I just wanted the lesser mileaged of the two :)

lol, josh your the least likely person I know to purchase a reliable automobile.

Reliable cars aren't cheap. :laugh:

Once i'm done i really don't see this car giving me too much trouble.

I've been talking to the former owner about the problems and just getting more info, but i don't feel like typing all of that right now, so that info will come later.

congrats how many svt's have you had now? That interior didn't look so bad. You never saw that t-boned car I bought in person did yah? That was dirty the dash was literally a sheet of pigeon :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

I saw your :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty bird SVT before you had it :nonono: awful indeed

Back