• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just installed intake

wow...and you aren't even embarrassed about posting those pics :shocked:

njk1, I warned you about aluminum cleaner marking your intake. Get some aluminum/metal polish to take care of your intake. Looking good though. :cool: Get yourself some CD2, makes a hell of a difference.

As far as cleaning the inside of the coolant tank...if you guys have access to "The Works" tub/shower cleaner, it would do wonders for any plastic.

theworks_tubandshower.gif

having well water, this stuff is a miracle...when I put my landscape in the front of the house, I ran the sprinkler & it stained the crap out of my siding. I sprayed it down w/ The Works & w/in seconds the mess was gone. A quick good rinse & that's all you need. Nothing compares to this stuff. Careful getting it on your skin though, any cuts & it'll burn like hell.

Another good cleaner is CLR. Calcium, Lime, Rust, it gets rid of it all!

The Works blows that ish away...CLR wouldn't touch my stains (water stains :eek: ). Although it is a good cleaner, just wasn't strong enough for my high iron content. I have a two-tank softener now, didn't at first...much easier to keep clean.

so where did you find that intake? i just looked through ebay and couldnt find one.

thank you. i should where a dunce hat for the day now. I was looking under contour...

im ordering that one up this week..

where can i get that cleaner aliasjerk was talking about?

Last edited:
i will. im also having stazi put an exhuast on, should make for an interesting new car in the coming weeks/ ill take some pics (befor and after) the intake is on. maybe a video too

i will. im also having stazi put an exhuast on, should make for an interesting new car in the coming weeks/ ill take some pics (befor and after) the intake is on. maybe a video too

i wanted to put an exhaust on mine...but than i said, 140k miles is enough... no more modding till i find an svt...i wann know how it sounds with the exhaust though.

i got 112K on mine. i figure if i treat it right it will last a long time and the engine will out last my atx for sure. ill be posting 2 different videos(one in a new thread). a before and after for the exhaust and a before and after for the intake.

i got 112K on mine. i figure if i treat it right it will last a long time and the engine will out last my atx for sure. ill be posting 2 different videos(one in a new thread). a before and after for the exhaust and a before and after for the intake.

Definitely get some videos up of before and after with the intake! I was looking at putting that intake on, as well as an SVT cat-back. It'll be cheap overall but I would like to see what my car could turn out to be ;)

thanks, my intake parts should be in the mail. im not sure about how soon my exhaust is getting done anymore. As stazi didnt have a long enough resonator, and im in need of newer suspension so im getting that now. I should be hearing from stazi relatively soon, then its just a matter of funds.

My ebay intake tube should be in on Thursday. Ill be posting 3 different videos or sound clips. 1. stock 2. kkm(i bought it used for the K&N filter) 3. K&N filter with ebay intake pipe. I Should have them posted by friday night at the latest.

Last edited:
KKM or the Ebay intakes FTW.

on a side not i remember when my car used to sound like that :D then i added an exhaust :D and now a turbo :crazy:

Back