• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just installed intake

yeah and soon i will be hearing the wonderful tones of compressed air being released to the atmosphere when i shift :D:D

Yeah trying to keep costs low as I have other things still needing repairs. Being in Canada really ups the shipping A LOT as well!

Would be fun to hear that thing on the car with my flex pipe cracked in half! :laugh:

Hehe you're not the only one with a cracked flex pipe *points to self* haha. Our vehicles would sound like beasts! :D! I'm kinda wanting to do this whole intake thing for my car. My MAF is pissing me off, I had to clean it off the other day to get rid of my P0171 :nonono: . Third time since I got the car it's had issues. *sigh*

lol, yeah but your doing that on purpose! I'm not! Not to mention because of the crack it likes to stall out at start up.

Argh I know this is thread hijacking, but...

logger, does your engine hesitate when you press the gas? My engine won't pick up for a split second and I'm curious if it's the flex pipe break that is causing it. It's worst in the morning. If I push the gas in about 1/3 to take off, it will stall out. I gotta ease in when I first start it in the morning cuz of the hesitation. :shrug: I did just change the fuel filter if it means anything and it had no effect on it (I haven't changed the fuel filter in 27k miles anyways :crazy: so it had to be done hehe)

Driving normal not flooring it i noticed about 1mpg. But good luck driving normal when you wanna hear the sound of the intake... It sounds awesome

ahhh dammmnn, i just bought a KandN air filter for $30. i heard it adds a few HP, but i doubt as much as a focus intake. i bought it a day before i read this post.

does anyone know how the KN air filter compares to this focus intake your talking about? im sure gas mileage is alittle better on the KandN AirFilter, but how much more HP would the focus intake get over the KandN?

ahhh dammmnn, i just bought a KandN air filter for $30. i heard it adds a few HP, but i doubt as much as a focus intake. i bought it a day before i read this post.

does anyone know how the KN air filter compares to this focus intake your talking about? im sure gas mileage is alittle better on the KandN AirFilter, but how much more HP would the focus intake get over the KandN?

Im assuming you got the drop in filter... i would take it back, Just putting a better filter in the stock airbox isnt going to give you anywhere near as much HP as the intake will... IDK the numbers the drop in k&n would get you but maybe 1hp:shrug: Like i said before, i noticed a 1mpg difference with the intake, and a hell of a kick for HP. Im not wastin my money on seeing how much HP i got, The only dyno around me is like 60$ for one run no tune...

Argh I know this is thread hijacking, but...

logger, does your engine hesitate when you press the gas? My engine won't pick up for a split second and I'm curious if it's the flex pipe break that is causing it. It's worst in the morning. If I push the gas in about 1/3 to take off, it will stall out. I gotta ease in when I first start it in the morning cuz of the hesitation. :shrug: I did just change the fuel filter if it means anything and it had no effect on it (I haven't changed the fuel filter in 27k miles anyways :crazy: so it had to be done hehe)

well mine doesn't want to stall out very much, just the odd time, though it usually does rev something lower till I give it some gas on get on my way. As for hesitation, I don't notice much hesitation, though if your talking a very small one than yeah mine does that too. Though I thought the hesitation was always there. :shrug:

Still looking for leads on a local source for those Focus intakes....:laugh:

Im assuming you got the drop in filter... i would take it back, Just putting a better filter in the stock airbox isnt going to give you anywhere near as much HP as the intake will... IDK the numbers the drop in k&n would get you but maybe 1hp:shrug: Like i said before, i noticed a 1mpg difference with the intake, and a hell of a kick for HP. Im not wastin my money on seeing how much HP i got, The only dyno around me is like 60$ for one run no tune...

Yeah a drop in K&N filter is really only going to give you the convenience of longer cleaning intervals and marginal gain of airflow as stated before that the OEM intake is very restrictive.

Clean

Clean

Well here it is, i think this is about as clean as it will get... The aluminum cleaner got white stuff that stained the intake:nonono: and a new update, i flipped the intake around for the breather hose, and painted the battery tie down. But the degreaser ate the pait a little:crazy:
engine001.jpg

engine002.jpg

I can't wait to get mine. I just ordered the exact same one on ebay. Still waiting for them to recieve my payment. Then after they recieve it, more waiting. I think I should get it by wednesday.

Let us know how you like the intake when you get it. Also, what is the size of the silicon connector in the kit that slips on the throttle body? 2.75" or 3.0"?

Here's some pix ... tell me what you guys think ... don't mind my engine paint lol I mess up on the paint because I forgot that I should have use atlease a darker blue GLOSS ... engine looks like plastic =/ I'll repaint the engine when I have the time ... by the way is my engine even a Zetec? how come it says VCT?

P7170008.jpg

P7170009.jpg

P7170010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/kw8z3bOi/My%20Contour/P7170010.jpg

The intake looks good, and you do have a Zetec. VCT is Variable Cam Timing.

The paint job is AWEFUL! im not trying to rag on you or anything, but that is terrible. you should have taken parts OFF the car, or if anything, masked things up, or even attempted to mask them off. :blackeye:

Back