• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just got tuned!

svtintake.jpg

:laugh:

I laughed! :laugh: But they are sexy though

Thanks all for the compliments...

He put down some GREAT number though. I applaud him for that. I just pray I get anywhere near that. I am just a little surprised that his peak hp was that high into the RPM range.

Yeah, I kinda wondered why it was that high in the RPM range too. Since it does have 3L cams. Strange. :shrug::shrug:

On the one pull that yielded 228hp, it was at 6700rpm's. They all stayed up in the high range... For all the pulls, the rev limiter was moved to 7k to make sure it got tuned throughout the whole "Safe" range. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

don't forget that the cams are not the only thing that affects the car's ability to take in air. a good flowing full 3L properly tuned can make good high rpm power. mine doesnt start to fall till after 6000 rpm, and it holds torque till then too. yours has a powerband like a full 3L, yet holds it and barely even falls off all the way to redline. that thing must PULL like crazy. your tuner did a damn good job looks like to me!

don't forget that the cams are not the only thing that affects the car's ability to take in air. a good flowing full 3L properly tuned can make good high rpm power. mine doesnt start to fall till after 6000 rpm, and it holds torque till then too. yours has a powerband like a full 3L, yet holds it and barely even falls off all the way to redline. that thing must PULL like crazy. your tuner did a damn good job looks like to me!

True... But these cams are mainly a mid-range cam iirc.

Driving it is a whole new experience. Almost like re-learning how to drive. Its soo smooth all the way to redline, and it just keeps pulling. I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out. :D

The only thing that I wonder, is what the numbers would be if I had SVT cams... :shrug: Possible winter project... :cool:

Explain? :shrug: :laugh:

svt snob had a full 3L with an 01 uim with svt cams. Thats what he is saying. But snob was running 11.5 AFR.

So he was limited by a 2001 manifold
A tune that was set for a nitrous application which left him running 11.5 afr
Crap he was still running a stock throttle body. :shrug:

If he would have thrown on that UIM got a new tune while adding a 65mm throttle body like example tricker has. While running svt cams. He would have been putting down some great numbers!! Much more then 10 whp thats for sure...which would have pushed him over the 226whp mark and possibly more.

woulda coulda shoulda.... then he did. and blew it up or so i heard. hmmmmmmm. hopefully he'll come throw down some nice numbers :)

woulda coulda shoulda.... then he did. and blew it up or so i heard. hmmmmmmm. hopefully he'll come throw down some nice numbers :)

Well...why you gotta hate so much. You know very well 10whp is nothing if he added an 04 manifold larger tb and a correct tune.

Your just jealous in my book :shrug:

Hell i don't even make that much power..and honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. :cool:

Well...why you gotta hate so much. You know very well 10whp is nothing if he added an 04 manifold larger tb and a correct tune.

Hell i don't even make that much power..and honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. :cool:

Harry, you've got to remember, Tyler has the very best car on here. There are none better! :rolleyes:

jealous? nope. aaron is my buddy anyways, i love how we challenge eachother. it keeps us trying new things and working hard at having a fast N/A car.

i really don't understand how you guys think i'm jealous? i've already got my car almost how i want it. jealous? nope. not unless your a ST mondeo owner or own a built race car. then i'm jealous.

the 1, 2, 3, HP increase etc... its all relative anyways. i can go to a dynojet today and throw down 250. that's not gonna prove anything to me, thats why i go to the same low reading dyno dynamics at my tuner's shop. that way i'll know if i got any faster. numbers are just numbers anyways.

maybe you guys should just accept the fact that i'm not sucking anyone off here. i hardly ever talk smack. i give opinions. you are free to take them or leave them basically. i try my best not to make a "ruling" on what i think and make it some kind of standard like most people do here.

this dude put down good numbers, and his tune looks spot on. nothin to hate about that!

Sadley I did:cry:.. I hope i put down nice numbers too, hell if my car somehow puts down less I will cry haha. I will say this though I am VERY happy to be having my 3L cams back in the new motor:cool:.

Aaron

Alright, the results are in... Filled up today, and was quite surprised with the outcome...

In Town with a not so light, right foot, I managed to get 22.5mpg's.

Before the tune, I would get 22 if I kept the rpm's at 3k or below. So it is an improvement there in fuel economy.

Those aren't bad at all! I have a tough time getting decent in town milage just because I shift it around 4K rpms. If it is straight highway, I get 34 mpg but I normally don't take it on longer trips because I need to get the cruise hooked up. So instead I take the vehicle that gets 16 mpg higway. :laugh:

Those aren't bad at all! I have a tough time getting decent in town milage just because I shift it around 4K rpms. If it is straight highway, I get 34 mpg but I normally don't take it on longer trips because I need to get the cruise hooked up. So instead I take the vehicle that gets 16 mpg higway. :laugh:
That sucks man. Thats the only thing about these 3.0L's They get great gas mileage especially mated to a manual!

Back