• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junkyard August 13th

DanMyers

Hard-core CEG'er
Have to go to the boneyard next week to pick up miscellaneous items like 2 shift tower bolts, though, BTW Ford, I appreciate the TWO you so generously gave me; does anyone need anything? You've all got plenty of notice, so now's the time to tell me. Or if you want to tag along that's fine as well, but it's a thursday so I don't know how many will be able to go.

Harry's in Hazleton is definitely the yard I'm after, and I actually am not sure, it depends on if my roomate decides to come with me, if he does, probably East Stroudsburg, if not, from my area.

I'll have to see if I can make it. I need a front drive shaft from the vibrations my car is giving out. Not to mention the grease fitting is snapped off.

Yeah, I should just take them both off. It'll cut out some rotational mass. While I'm at it I should also take the rotors off, as well as my half shafts.

Could you imagine how much power I'd be unleashing!

Well if I'm shipping it, it would be from East Stroudsburg, but honestly, if you're getting anything big, it's worth the gas to simply drive to Hazleton instead of paying for shipping.

Fog-lamp wiring harness from the lamps back thru the firewall to the fog lamp relay connector. I'd really appreciate that!

That doesn't require smashing a window on a locked door to get an entire tan leather interior out...does it? :laugh:

96MystiqueGS is the man! i got my tail lights and reflector off him yesturday:D

i need head lights (that are very clear no yellow foggy color)
uhh rear bumper is a must sometime soon.
i also wanna get a front bumper and side skirts.

let me know what they have when u get their ill give you my number when the day is closer

HLs are ok to ship, but I haven't ever seen non foggy clear lights that weren't broken, the bumpers and side skirts are what I mean when I say shipping is going to be expensive, the price of shipping is going to be close to what you'd pay for them brand new. I'll look for you and see if I can't find you something, but those are hard items to find in unmolested condition.

BTW, sideskirts are almost impossible to find because when they put the car in the yard they stand rims up underneath the four corners to elevate the car and it typically destroys the skirts.

HLs are ok to ship, but I haven't ever seen non foggy clear lights that weren't broken, the bumpers and side skirts are what I mean when I say shipping is going to be expensive, the price of shipping is going to be close to what you'd pay for them brand new. I'll look for you and see if I can't find you something, but those are hard items to find in unmolested condition.

BTW, sideskirts are almost impossible to find because when they put the car in the yard they stand rims up underneath the four corners to elevate the car and it typically destroys the skirts.

Well you never know you might be able to find them...if i can get bumpers for cheap ill drive to pick them up

Oh I'll definitely look for you, T-red shouldn't be too hard to find, I'm just saying on previous experience most of the contours are front or rear collision, mostly front. But BTW Glenn, it turns out I'll have to go on a wednesday if you can still make it, so I'll be going the 12th instead of the 13th.

Back