• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's blue!

and while you're at it.........

pimp_my_ride.jpg

As hard as it is for this PPG lover to say. I use Dupont Vinyl Color for interior jobs...best stuff out there....hands down. I used it on my Mustangs dash and door panels and other interior trim....and its a drag car....I was in and out and over the rollcage alot....and no chipping or scratching. Trust me....you will be fine....but it needs to be sprayed. Its all in the prep....the only reason for interior paint to fail is because of improper prep.

I have used it on a few other customer interior jobs...and it hasnt failed them yet. I hate when people say you cant or shouldnt repaint interior parts....ALOT of interior pieces are paint to match...and alot of replacement parts come in a neutral paint to match color like light grey.

My Mustangs interior (before the cars restoration and full cage work)

Morecoolpicturesandvideos007-1.jpg

Nice but so 80's!

I agree with blu_fuz..the black carpet will break up the tan so it's not overwhelming and I think it would also make the paint pop that much more. Either way you go though the car looks amazing

Doors all sprayed... need to wet sand and buff, but I'm going to give them a few days to setup since they only had a day at 65deg in a heated garage to cure...

doorssprayed1.jpg

doorssprayed2.jpg

doorssprayed3.jpg

Nice Mike. Slowly but surely. :cool:

Yes slowly is definitely the key word there. I may be picking up a Mr. Heater 75,000 BTU natural gas garage heater this weekend so that I can finish up what I need to in my garage. All that is left is the front and rear bumpers and then the fenders. If I have a lot of paint left I may choose to paint the trunk and hood just so I have them even though I'm going CF with them after all this is finished.

Are you gonna have real CF highlights??

TBD. My brother has the 3M DiNoc vinyl so I may do the more complicated pieces with that... so if I do one piece I might as well do them all so it matches on the inside. Although after I finish the trunk lid and hood... I may tackle some of the major interior bezels... gauge cluster surround, stereo/climate control surround, etc. The thing is with those pieces the molds become complex very quickly.

Back