• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is your check engine light on?

Is your check engine light on?

• Total voters
Not mine! I had a CEL when I bought the car and the lady said her mechanic had replaced the O2 sensor (front) and the CEL kept coming back. He attributed it to high moisture in my area and "you just live with it". Of course, he didn't check to see that the wiring harness for the O2 sensor that runs across the front of the Zetec engine had melted against the coolant return hose and shorted. me fix. No more CEL, and none since for 2 years.

juuuuuuuuuuuuuust great O.P:rolleyes:. now my cel comes on today after posting here last nite. unfortunately, the ceg search system is in shambles right now. how am i supposed to figure out what sensor went out now:shrug:?

juuuuuuuuuuuuuust great O.P:rolleyes:. now my cel comes on today after posting here last nite. unfortunately, the ceg search system is in shambles right now. how am i supposed to figure out what sensor went out now:shrug:?

HAHA!

I mean...

Bummer, dude... :(

~Mike~

Pull the code, if the search feature is working again that is all you should need to do. Search feature is working fine for me right now.

yup... p0401... been on for a LONG time. changed and cleaned everything egr related, and still on at the moment. (changed to a different egr valve 2 days ago).

Did you actually clear the code out with a scanner? My 1514 code was still present after installing a brand new IMRC. I had to manually clear it and obviously did not come back on with the new IMRC.

Mine was on up until this morning. I don't recall the code, but will provide if anyone needs it. I had the local Autozone manager scan it, and I purchased a Bosch Oxygen sensor and replaced the "bank two, sensor one" on the exhaust pipe just before the transaxle (the first one, both sensors are identical). Unfortunately, they sold me the wrong one (Autozone's guide is incorrect) and I ended up having to return to get the correct, cheaper one. But the check engine light went off after less than 30 miles of driving, so all-in-all I'm happy...

I have an Xcal3... so I turned off everything that was tripping the CEL... stupid emissions stuff :laugh:

**** this thread jynxed me! Lol, CEL came on last night. No idea why. IMRC is working fine, going to go rent the scanner at advance tomorrow and see wtf is going on. Car still runs like stink so whatever. IMO, the CEL is pretty worthless, if you have a serious problem you're going to know about it without the CEL telling you haha.

Back