• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is your check engine light on?

Is your check engine light on?

• Total voters

R-code

CEG'er
This ought to make for a fun poll. Answer yes or no, then post the trouble code in the thread.

P0420 (Rear cat)
P0402 (EGR pressure)

Try not to turn this into a trouble-shooting thread, that's what the other forums are for. I just want to see how many of us have CEL's and what they're for.

~Mike~

Amazingly my CEL has not come back on since I put in a Y-Pipe with a CAT Bypass. That was maybe 1 year ago. Before that it would come back on every month or so with the P0420.

P0420 and the one for gross leak in EVAP system, i forgot what the code is.. its been on and off for about a year now.

SVT has one for EGR because its gone. I think my mystique has like 13 codes when i checked it at starjammirs once. :laugh:

No CELs. Knock on Wood. I did however melt one of my MILeliminators and that threw codes like hell, but it's fixed now. :)

The CEL light is on in my wife's Mystique (that I drive every day). I don't remember the code, but it is for low EGR flow.

My SVT's CEL light is not on now, but I have not driven it since early December.

Back