• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is the site loading slow for anyone else?

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So I just ran a speedtest.net check and my connection is doing pretty dang good at 59.38mbps download speed and an 12.27mbps upload speed. I'd hope this rules out my connection.

Anyway every time I click on the anything be it post, next page, the forums link above, my messages, my profile, it takes for ever and a day (well about 15sec). Am I the only one experiencing this?

vB5 uses much more bandwidth than vB4 and that issue is being worked on by the IT person. He is also working on some other things and will make sure he optimizes the site performance when his work is completed.

Yeah, noticed this as well, considerably slower than the old interface. Has this affected site traffic? New postings seem to be fewer than before.

Have also noticed that even tho I stay logged on, if I open an new window and head to http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/, I'm shown as not logged in, and clicking LATEST ACTIVITY gets me this message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" Now, all I have to do is click on a new post in LATEST TOPICS and now I'm logged in, I go back to HOME, and now LATEST ACTIVITY works.

I do wish the filters in LATEST ACTIVITY would stay set to "Today" instead of defaulting to "Last Month". I didn't see any way to pin these in my preferences.

Not complaining, I understand that migrating software platforms is massive, sometime thankless work, that's why I stay on the hardware side of design, just pointing out some things I've seen.

Thanks for all your fine work.

Is this the thread to log complaints as well? Or should i say post user feedback? Cuz posting on a thread doesn't automatically subscribe me even tho that's what my setting is. Dunno if anyone else is having the same issue

Yeah, noticed this as well, considerably slower than the old interface. Has this affected site traffic? New postings seem to be fewer than before.

Have also noticed that even tho I stay logged on, if I open an new window and head to http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/, I'm shown as not logged in, and clicking LATEST ACTIVITY gets me this message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" Now, all I have to do is click on a new post in LATEST TOPICS and now I'm logged in, I go back to HOME, and now LATEST ACTIVITY works.

I do wish the filters in LATEST ACTIVITY would stay set to "Today" instead of defaulting to "Last Month". I didn't see any way to pin these in my preferences.

Not complaining, I understand that migrating software platforms is massive, sometime thankless work, that's why I stay on the hardware side of design, just pointing out some things I've seen.

Thanks for all your fine work.

Yea I noticed this too. If I log into the main forum page it still shows me as not logged in. Although I found if I click on a forum to get to a new page it shows me as signed in.

I noticed at times when I pull up the site, it won't load at all, and even after several tries, it won't load. Try about an hour later it will.

Ranges from slightly slow to totally unresponsive. This is specific to a browser or OS ? I am Mac OS X 10.7.5, Safari.

Mad Dog

I don't think that it is browser or OS specific. I also have times where the site just doesn't seem to load, and then it seems pretty quick to load.

Some have mentioned that VB5 uses a lot of bandwidth.

Do know that this is a know issue and is being looked into and worked on.

I just can't understand why the home page will not show me as logged in, even when I am logged in.

EDIT: Also, just counting in my head, it took 30 seconds for this to post after I hit "Post Reply".

Back