• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check Round 2 :Ford Emblem Replacement Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBEN

Hard-core CEG'er
Here is the information from the other Sucessful Group Buy.

I am doing another interest check to see if I can have enough interest to make another set of replacement plates!

Copied from the other Thread:....
This part is a Plate that replaces the rear Ford Emblem and gives you a flat surface to relocate your SVT Emblem there. (SVT Emblem Not Included) This allows you to Place your SVT Emblem where the Ford Emblem goes and give in a sense, debadge the car at the same time. You will need this part if you want to replace your Ford Emblem with your SVT Emblem so the SVT Emblem sits flat. By just painting over the ford Emblem and sticking the SVT emblem on, the top and bottom the emblem do not touch and leave a nasty looking gap.

Just remove the ford emblem and glue this part in place.

***SVT Emblem NOT included***

The part has been cut from Aluminum. It was cut from a CNC machine so it fits in the place of the ford emblem EXACTLY!

PRICE: $20 shipped

You can not buy this part anywhere and it will cost much more than $20 to get one custom made in this quality.

Picture of what it looks like painted. T-Red

SVTwithozsandSE016.jpg

JeffSVT005.jpg

(Pictures Courtesy of Reebs)

What you Get:
One Plate to replace ford emblem with a light matte finish. The part has been smoothed out by hand already and will require a light sanding before painting if that is what you desire. From the light matte Finish, you will have no problem polishing the emblem if you want as well.

Picture of the plate WITH OUT the Light Matte Finish
DSC01510.jpg

Picture of the plate WITH the Light Matte Finish
DSC01511.jpg

INTERESTED LIST:
--------------------------------

INTERESTED LIST:
1.fcsvt1
2.loco_motion
3. Reebs
4. Reebs

I'll seriously take another 2, and I think Scott needs another one so just make another batch and I promise they'll go just as quick as the last batch! Please make some more!!!

i want one

edit. im gonna hold off on getting this until i make up my mind on what i wish to do about my emblems. sorry

Last edited:
INTERESTED LIST:
1.fcsvt1
2.loco_motion
3. Reebs
4. Reebs
5.SVT Loki

Here is the information from the other Sucessful Group Buy.

I am doing another interest check to see if I can have enough interest to make another set of replacement plates!

Copied from the other Thread:....
This part is a Plate that replaces the rear Ford Emblem and gives you a flat surface to relocate your SVT Emblem there. (SVT Emblem Not Included) This allows you to Place your SVT Emblem where the Ford Emblem goes and give in a sense, debadge the car at the same time. You will need this part if you want to replace your Ford Emblem with your SVT Emblem so the SVT Emblem sits flat. By just painting over the ford Emblem and sticking the SVT emblem on, the top and bottom the emblem do not touch and leave a nasty looking gap.

Just remove the ford emblem and glue this part in place.

***SVT Emblem NOT included***

The part has been cut from Aluminum. It was cut from a CNC machine so it fits in the place of the ford emblem EXACTLY!

PRICE: $20 shipped

You can not buy this part anywhere and it will cost much more than $20 to get one custom made in this quality.

Picture of what it looks like painted. T-Red

SVTwithozsandSE016.jpg

JeffSVT005.jpg

(Pictures Courtesy of Reebs)

What you Get:
One Plate to replace ford emblem with a light matte finish. The part has been smoothed out by hand already and will require a light sanding before painting if that is what you desire. From the light matte Finish, you will have no problem polishing the emblem if you want as well.

Picture of the plate WITH OUT the Light Matte Finish
DSC01510.jpg

Picture of the plate WITH the Light Matte Finish
DSC01511.jpg

INTERESTED LIST:

I was just wondering if you have ever tried to make one out of Plexiglas or some clear plastic?
So could you make one out of Plexiglas about .375-.500 thick then bevel the edges on one side? If so how much would it cost?

I could do it...but it would most likely cost about the same...maybe a little cheaper. but the cost is not for materials, but for design, machine time, and finishing...

That would be fine with me. Make it out of .375" thick clear plastic and bevel the edge on one side about .125". I also want one of the standard ones you are making out of aluminum.
Thanks,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back