• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check - Pre98 Center Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
I have come across quite a few of these, and at a descent price. I am just seeing if I should pick them up and start painting them, so I am just gauging interest in them.

They will be painted with PPG Blue (as close to midnight blue as you can find) and the trim will all be trim black. Included will be everything needed to install them into a MNB SVT.

Center console, front ashtray, cigarette lighter surround, the small filler pieces, the hvac surround, the bottom of the HVAC surround, rear ashtray, shift boot, ebrake boot, and armrest. The armrest will either be the atlantic blue which doesnt look too bad, or I will use fabric dye and dye them black.

If I can locate a good quality tan paint, then I will go to town with them as well. But for now, its only for MNB people.

I will be painting most of the interior parts trim black because 12 years of fading is pretty bad, and I will paint the HVAC surround, and the headlight switch surround, and taking the ducts off and taping up the speedometer surround and paint them to match, although they will be stock looking.

As far as cup holders, I am still looking for them, but cna get either 1 cup or 2, so you would need to specify. The shift boots will be the vinyl shift boots from the contour as I have yet to source (and see if they work) the leather cougar ones.

If you want higher quality shiftboots, ebrake boots, and arm ret covers, they are 109 from redline goods.

I am looking to get 125 each shipped to the lower 48 for these, as that will amke it worth my time.

They will all be in great shape, and the only piece that is hard to find that isnt broken is the hole that the arm rest locks into. My personal one didnt lock, and it never really bothered me... however, I have been picking up perfect ones lately.

My paint process will be easy, primer, wet sand, three coats of blue. As far as trim, primer, wet sand, and two coats of trim black is all thats needed.

*Note* I have already sold two of these, so if people are nervous and want to see what they look like, I will be posting pictures next week before I ship out the two that I already sold!

*Another note* I have sources some good tan paint, so I can do tan as well to match the tan SVTS.

So, if you're interested, either pm me, or start a list!

Thanks!

1. Chris@CTA
2. Schattastic SVT
3. gpchouinard

He pmed me expressing interest...

figured I would add that I did already picked up one more console so if either of you guys are ready, jsut hit me up and I can get it out with the batch I am doing this week.

Redline Goods would be your source for leather covers. You can get any color leather or stitching you want.

Mine is black leather with dark blue stitching. Tough to see from the pics but it looks like something from the factory. You can also order a shorter shift boot. I hate how the Pre-98 boots look with a short shifter. Mine is 2" shorter than factory.

DSCF1657Medium.jpg

DSCF1852Medium.jpg

DSCF1833Medium.jpg

DSCF1824Medium.jpg

Redline Goods would be your source for leather covers. You can get any color leather or stitching you want.

Mine is black leather with dark blue stitching. Tough to see from the pics but it looks like something from the factory. You can also order a shorter shift boot. I hate how the Pre-98 boots look with a short shifter. Mine is 2" shorter than factory.

And so to confirm, CSVT1214 is the one who shared with me where to get the MNB (or closest thing to it) paint, so this is exactly what your console will look like, minus the shift boot and armrest cover and ebrake boot. Those pieces are explained in the top, LOL!

Thanks CSVT1214!

That's clean!

Nice DEH-P980BT, I have that deck in both my cars :laugh:

Holyrollerz:

Not to clutter your thread but since your doing this. If you can find me a pre-98 e-brake boot that has the frame in perfect condition and intact let me know. I have a Redline boot I want to put in my pre-98 console but the old frame is destroyed :bah:

Holyrollerz:

Not to clutter your thread but since your doing this. If you can find me a pre-98 e-brake boot that has the frame in perfect condition and intact let me know. I have a Redline boot I want to put in my pre-98 console but the old frame is destroyed :bah:

If I find a console that I cant save, but the ebrake boot is still good, ill pick it up for you...

You wouldnt happen to have any tan ones?

I am going to be getting tan paitn as well so I can do tan as well. There is a local PPG place right in my hometown (never even knew that before, but my wife works at the bank and does their business banking) so i am taking my tan console in to have them color match it. I may even see if they can come up with a closer match to the blue as well, but doubt it, its already so close to the color.

I picked up 3 more consoles today, so if people are sure they want one, just pm me for paypal address and they will go out on friday!

Kyle

As far as cup holders, I am still looking for them, but cna get either 1 cup or 2, so you would need to specify. The shift boots will be the vinyl shift boots from the contour as I have yet to source (and see if they work) the leather cougar ones.

do you have any pics of the 2 cup holder?

I dont really have one, but they are small, cant fit a bottle ofsoda in them, which is why most people choose the 1 cup

1. Chris@CTA
2. Schattastic SVT
3. gpchouinard
4. 99redSVT

Interested depending on color match with pairie tan...

1. Chris@CTA
2. Schattastic SVT
3. gpchouinard
4. 99redSVT

Interested depending on color match with pairie tan...

Ill put it to you this way, one of these consoles will be going into my prairie tan, and it wont go in unless it matches pretty darn close... they are going to match it for me at the place.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back