• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Goumba Fab

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ben a production bar today. When it came time to drag the welder out to my car, it started pooring. Since the steering rack is not in the car right now, we couldn't easily push the car into th shop. Tomorrow is going to be drier. Once I get the first production bar done, I'm going to lock myself in the shop and not leave until I have made at least eight.

Any pics of the latest harness bar yet?? I'm dying to get this, now is the time to put this thing in my car! Hehe.

I'm waiting for estimates for the awd/rwd kit! :D

+1, hahaha

but seriously, where are you located? I'm down for LCA testing if I get the last prototype for my troubles...

also, us 3l folks could use a strut bar that fits behind our uim's, and +1 for the speaker box friendly rear strut bar.

I ben a production bar today. When it came time to drag the welder out to my car, it started pooring. Since the steering rack is not in the car right now, we couldn't easily push the car into th shop. Tomorrow is going to be drier. Once I get the first production bar done, I'm going to lock myself in the shop and not leave until I have made at least eight.

So do you have a status on this thing or no??

im not in for anything but can speak for the man in that weather here in tampa let alone florida is HORRIBLE it rarely sprinkles it pours. But clear skys for a week or so, so good luck man.

Hopefully he's just taking his time finishing up the cobra jig... so he can sell a rear subframe Cobra diff carriage :D

Hopefully he's just taking his time finishing up the cobra jig... so he can sell a rear subframe Cobra diff carriage :D

he's using a Cobra IRS diff for the AWD conversion? a little bit of overkill isn't it? what trans is he using? and what sort of center diff? I'd really like to see this work out...

he's using a Cobra IRS diff for the AWD conversion? a little bit of overkill isn't it? what trans is he using? and what sort of center diff? I'd really like to see this work out...
Nah, he's using all of the weak Jag parts. But he mentioned that to handle power you could remove the front axles, the center diff, and use the Cobra IRS rear. I don't think he's doing any development on that though, but I think it would be a great option for our platform... so I semi-seriously keep bringing it up.

I believe a transverse front engine RWD would be the most ridiculous thing in the universe...

how is the auxilary output from this transaxel driven? I haven't seen any teardown pics of the jag tranny...

Just curious what ended up happening here? Were there any harness bars or LCAs that got produced and shipped? I don't want to step on any toes, but I've had some ideas running through my brain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back